One of the most delicious scones recipes and it’s keto – perfect for those on the keto diet! These keto cranberry orange scones are packed with incredible flavor and made with almond flour, cranberries, orange zest, coconut oil and erythritol – one of the best sugar replacement products for making! These are perfect with a cup of hot coffee or tea – it’s an easy breakfast recipe idea! This easy recipe is from the newly released ‘The Wholesome Yum Easy Keto Cookbook’ by Maya Krampf.
How to Make Keto Scones
Not only are these scones keto, but they’re also just as delicious, if not better, than regular scones! Thanks to the coconut oil, they are very moist and crumble beautifully. To make keto scones, start with almond flour. Almond flour has low carbs and is the perfect choice for those on the keto diet. Erythritol is added next. This sugar replacement product is one of my personal favorites – it looks exactly like sugar and it measures the same so you don’t need to convert any measurements. It also doesn’t leave any bitter aftertaste in the final product, making it great for baking!
To add the most flavor to these cranberry scones, I added a combination of dried cranberries and fresh cranberries. The fresh cranberries add more moisture the recipe and once baked, they become like little pots of jam. For the orange flavor, I like to use lots of orange zest! If you want to add even more flavor, try add food grade orange oil. It’s a really intense extract so don’t add too much – a little bit goes a long way! Both the orange zest and orange oil will work great for this easy breakfast recipe!
The Wholesome Yum Cookbook
This delicious recipe is from the newly release ‘The Wholesome Yum Easy Keto Cookbook’ by Maya Krampf. This book is available everywhere where books are sold, or you can purchase your copy online by visiting Maya’s website. It’s the perfect cookbook for those on the keto diet, with keto recipes for every occasion and any time of day – main entrees, soups, snacks, salads and even sauces and side dishes. There’s a recipe here for everyone! Maya’s recipes are tried and true, easy, delicious and satisfying!
Need to get ingredients for this keto recipe? Get the same products I used for this recipe online (Amazon affiliate):
- Coconut Oil – this refined oil doesn’t have any coconut flavor, making it great for baking, cooking and everyday use.
- Almond Flour – the low carb option for keto dieters.
- Erythritol – this sugar replacement is great for baking!
More Keto Recipes!
Looking for more keto recipes? I have an entire section on my blog dedicated to keto recipes! Check out these desserts on my blog:
- Keto Chocolate Mousse Cake – the most decadent chocolate mousse cake and it’s keto!
- Keto Berry Roulade – delicate and fluffy keto cake filled with whipped cream and berries!
Enjoyed this recipe? Share it on Pinterest!
Keto Cranberry Orange Scones Recipe
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup erythritol
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, orange zest, vanilla and egg. Stir the wet mixture into the almond flour mixture, pressing with a spoon or spatula, until a uniform dough forms. (The dough should be pliable and dense, not crumbly; add a little more coconut oil, a teaspoon at a time, if it's very dry.) Stir and press the cranberries into the dough.
- Place the dough onto the lined pan and form a disc shape, about 1 inch thick and 6 inches in diameter. Cut into 8 wedges, like a pie or pizza. Move the pieces about 1 inch apart. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, until golden.
- Cool completely on the pan to firm up. (Scones will fall apart if you move them before cooling.)