Grilled Flank Steak with Potatoes
The most delicious flank steak recipe! My grilled flank steak is marinated in a delicious garlic glaze, then topped with crumbled blue cheese. Serve this grilled steak with a side of crushed baby potatoes topped with balsamic heirloom tomatoes. This flank steak dish is perfect for grilling season – easy to make, incredibly delicious and packed full of flavor!
- Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Preparing the Grilled Flank Steak
Making this juicy and flavorful grilled flank steak is so easy!
- I start by marinating the beef in a simple sauce made of teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, a touch of honey and brown sugar, plus minced garlic. The garlic is gives the beef so much great flavor!
- Allow the beef to marinate for at least 30 minutes but for best flavor, let the beef marinate overnight.
- Once the meat is marinated, pour the remaining marinade into a saucepan and reduce for about 10 minutes, until the sauce is thickened.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to 500F and grill on each side for about 4 to 5 minutes. Allow the grilled flank steak to rest before slicing and serving!
Easy Baby Potatoes Recipe
Serve this delicious grilled steak with a side of baby potatoes and refreshing tomato salsa! You’ll love these easy baby potatoes!
- First, boil them in salted water until they’re fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Next, preheat a large frying pan and add butter. Fry the potatoes over medium-low heat in the melted butter with spices and herbs until the potatoes are golden.
- When serving the potatoes, top them off with a simple tomato salsa made with tomatoes, scallions, balsamic and olive oil.
- For even more amazing flavor, try adding some crumbled blue cheese or gorgonzola cheese on top of the flank steak when ready to serve! The cheese is so delicious with this recipe!
Enjoyed this recipe for grilled flank steak? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Grilled Flank Steak Salad – perfect for summer, with grilled corn, avocado, tomatoes, cheese and chimichurri dressing!
- Check out my latest ‘Ribeye Steak & Potatoes Dinner’ with chimichurri sauce!
- Next, try my ‘Blue Cheese Steak Salad’ made with blue cheese dressing!
- My easy ‘Filet Mignon Steak’ recipe is restaurant-quality dining at home!
- Fig Steak Salad – California-style steak salad with avocado and sweet figs!
- The Best, Juicy Steak Kabobs – the most delicious grilled steak kabobs with peppers and onion, served with chimichurri and roasted potatoes!
Share it on Pinterest!
Grilled Flank Steak with Potatoes
Easy and delicious grilled flank steak with easy steak marinade, served with a side of baby potatoes and balsamic tomato topping!
- 2 pound whole flank steak, trimmed of excess fat
- salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup avocado or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely minced
For Buttered Potatoes:
- 2 pounds whole baby potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup Crumbled blue cheese
For Balsamic Tomato Topping: (optional)
- 1 large heirloom tomato, diced
- 2 green scallions, diced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- In large bowl, whisk together all ingredients for marinade sauce: teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and honey. Coat the steak with the sauce and let stand in the refrigerator for 30 minutes OR alternatively marinate the steak covered overnight in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, place the whole baby potatoes into large pot filled with salted water. Bring to a boil and cook potatoes for about 15 minutes until fork-tender then drain. Heat an extra-large sauté pan over medium heat and melt the butter. Add potatoes and season with basil, thyme, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Using a fork or potato masher, press potatoes lightly to flatten. Continue to fry in butter over medium heat, turning occasionally, until the potatoes are golden brown on both sides. Keep warm.
- When ready to prepare steak, remove the meat from marinade and pour the marinade out into small saucepan. Cook reserved marinade sauce over low/medium heat, whisking occasionally until thickened and reduced in half, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to 500F. Season the steak generously with salt and pepper. Place the seasoned steak onto the hot grill and close the lid. Grill for approximately 4 minutes on each side for a medium/rare, turning once. Allow for more cooking time for a more well-done steak. Remove the flank steak from the grill and let meat rest for about 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.
- To prepare the balsamic tomato topping, simply toss all ingredients in small bowl and salt to taste: tomatoes, scallions, balsamic and olive oil.
- To assemble the dish, slice the steak into 1/3 to 1/2-inch thick slices using a sharp carving knife. Plate and top with prepared glaze and crumbled blue cheese, if desired. Serve next to prepared potatoes topped with prepared tomatoes.
Calories: 611kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 15g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 116mg | Sodium: 2040mg | Potassium: 1319mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 562IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 5mg