Blue Cheese Steak Salad Recipe (video)
If you love steak, you’re going to love this easy blue cheese and steak salad recipe! It’s made with juicy, grilled ribeye steak over a bed of spring lettuce, chopped apples, shallots, avocado and a creamy, homemade blue cheese dressing! This delicious, restaurant-quality dish takes under 30 minutes to make! This easy salad recipe is great anytime of the year but especially during summer!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the details and step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
The Juicy Ribeye Steak
For this delicious steak salad recipe, I like to use a juicy and flavorful rib-eye steak, seasoned and seared to perfection. I season my steak with a combination of balsamic vinegar, olive oil and herbs. If you have the time, let the steak marinate for about an hour before grilling. I recommend cooking the beef to a medium, or medium-rare, between 140F and 155F. If you like your steak cooked further, I recommend switching out the rib and using a tenderloin cut instead, which will yield a more tender meat.
Assembling the Steak Salad
Once that steak is ready and rested, slice it up and arrange it over a bed of spring greens and diced green apples. The green apple adds a refreshing twist to the salad; pears will also work well for this steak salad. I also like to add some sliced avocado, sliced shallots, and even sliced mini cucumbers to the salad. The creamy avocado is such a great addition to the salad! Top the salad off with nuts and dried berries, if desired. I like to use pistachios and cranberries!
Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
You’ll love the combination of the juicy steak salad with this flavorful blue cheese salad dressing. It’s made with just a few simple ingredients and no special tools! I make it with cream, crumbled blue cheese, olive oil and salt, dried basil and garlic powder. Just crumble the cheese beforehand into small bits, then combine with the rest of the ingredients. You can store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Looking for more delicious dinner recipe ideas? Be sure to check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Grilled Flank Steak Salad – perfect for summer, with grilled corn, avocado, tomatoes, cheese and chimichurri dressing!
- Try my ‘Ribeye Steak & Potatoes Dinner’ next, with grilled ribeye and baby potatoes!
- Filet Mignon Steak Dinner – learn how to make the BEST filet mignon dinner with parmesan potatoes and mushrooms!
- Fig & Steak Salad – California-style fig salad with juicy grilled steak!
Share it on Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
- I love my Wusthof Ikon knives! Best investment ever! I used this Wusthof Ikon santoku knife in my video.
- These Epicurean cutting boards are amazing; and, they’re dishwasher safe!
- I used my All-Clad non-stick pan in this video – great for cooking anything!
Blue Cheese Steak Salad Recipe (video)
- 2 Rib-eye
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 to 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon EACH: salt, dried basil, garlic powder
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 cups spring greens
- 1 large green apple, diced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup salted nuts like pistachios, pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 sliced avocado
- This recipe is easily adjustable to fit the number of people you are serving. 1 large rib-eye steak is perfect for 2 people; 1 filet mignon per person. Preheat oven to 350F. Drizzle the steak(s) with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with a generous amount of Kosher salt and black pepper. Rub the seasonings into the meat on both sides. Place the steaks into the refrigerator and allow them to marinate. If you have the time, marinate the steaks for an hour.
- Prepare the salad dressing. Combine the cream, blue cheese, olive oil and seasonings in a large bowl or measuring cup. Whisk and mix until the blue cheese is broken up and blended with the cream. Set the dressing into the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Prepare the salad. Spread a generous amount of spring greens over each serving dish. Top with diced apple, sliced red onion, nuts and dried cranberries. If desired, add sliced avocado on the side.
- Prepare the steak(s). Preheat a medium sized frying pan over medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil to the pan once it’s hot. Pat the steaks dry with paper towels to get rid of excess liquids. Add to the hot pan and sear on both sides until caramelized and browned. Transfer the steak into the oven and cook to desired doneness, about 7 minutes for medium.
- Let the meat rest for a few minutes before slicing into thin slices. Place directly on top of prepared salad and drizzle with prepared salad dressing. Serve with toasted baguette on the side and with red wine.