Cheese & Pepper Frittata (video) with Smoked Salmon
Looking for an easy, savory breakfast recipe? You have to try this amazing frittata recipe! My goat cheese and pepper frittata is filled, topped and seasoned with the most incredible flavors! The egg frittata is filled with sweet bell peppers, seasoned with dill and smoked paprika, topped with goat cheese, smoked salmon and avocado! This is my go-to recipe for brunch events! The combination of flavors in this frittata recipe is out of this world! This simple recipe is sure to be a hit for the weekend or any day of the week.
Watch My Frittata Video!
For all the recipe details and step-by-step instructions, watch my video recipe! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
What is a Frittata?
This incredible breakfast recipe is actually a classic Italian dish! It’s the Italian equivalent of an egg omelette, crustless quiche or scrambled eggs. It’s prepared in a frying pan and depending on the size, can be finished in the oven, like this recipe. Frittatas come in many different flavors and are typically topped or filled with some sort of meat or cheese. This version with smoked salmon is so delicious!
How to Make Frittata
My recipe for frittata is so easy and is made all in one pan! This easy cheese and pepper frittata recipe starts with the eggs! In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper and dried basil. If you want an extra rich recipe, try replacing half the milk with cream. Set the eggs aside as you prepare the fillings.
- Step 1: prepare the eggs! Whisk the eggs with the milk and season to taste.
- Step 2: prepare the fillings. Saute the peppers, onion and tomatoes in the medium-sized frying pan or cast-iron skillet. Make sure to use a non-stick pan, otherwise the frittata will stick to the pan!
- Step 3: add the eggs to the pan and cook them slowly! This egg dish needs to be cooked over low heat, so the eggs stay fluffy.
- Step 4: add the toppings! Before finishing the frittata in the oven, top it off with smoked paprika, fresh dill and goat cheese.
- Step 5: finish cooking the frittata in the oven. Bake the eggs until they’re fluffy and the cheese has softened.
- Step 6: top each slice of pepper frittata with smoked salmon, sliced avocado and fresh dill.
Frittata Flavor Variations
If you loved this cheese and pepper frittata, you’re going to enjoy it with other toppings, too! This recipe is so versatile and you can add your own twists and flavors! You can also increase the eggs and milk for a large batch!
Try some of these flavor ideas next time!
- Bacon & Cheddar Frittata – render 4 to 5 bacon slices and cook the eggs in the bacon fat! Add bacon bits and grated cheddar cheese to the mix!
- Sausage & Cheese Frittata – try this recipe with juicy breakfast sausage! Just prepare the sausage in a frying pan, slice it into bite sized pieces and combine with cheddar cheese!
- Veggie Frittata – make a veggie version by sauteing mushrooms, peppers, onions and tomatoes.
Enjoyed this delicious breakfast recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Smoked Salmon Frittata – easy frittata recipe with salmon, avocado, cheese and fresh herbs!
- Asparagus & Prosciutto Frittata – you’ll love this spring-inspired frittata with cherry tomatoes, prosciutto and asparagus!
- Smoky Bacon Quiche – the best quiche recipe with bacon bits, loads of cheese and veggies, prepared in a buttery crust!
- Cheddar Turkey Quiche – this recipe is perfect for leftover turkey or chicken! Delicious quiche packed with cheese!
- Breakfast Egg Muffins – these easy egg muffins are perfect to make ahead of time and reheat for breakfast on the go!
Share it on Pinterest!
Cheese & Pepper Frittata with Smoked Salmon
- 6 large organic eggs
- 1 cup reduced fat milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 medium Roma tomato, diced
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper, about 1 small pepper
- 2 to 3 green scallions, diced
- olive oil for cooking
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped dill
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- smoked paprika
- 1 large avocado
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Preheat a large, non-stick, oven-safe saute pan or cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add a touch of olive oil and once the pan is hot, add the tomato, pepper and green scallions. Cook the mixture over medium heat until the pepper is soft and the tomato juice has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, whisk together in a large bowl the eggs and milk (can substitute with water or cream). Season the eggs with salt and ground black pepper and basil. Turn the stove temperature down to low heat. Add the whisked eggs into pan and for the first minute, run a spatula along the bottom of the pan to bring the cooked egg to the top. Cook over low heat for another minute, not stirring.
- Top the frittata with the goat cheese, dill and sprinkle top with smoked paprika. Transfer the frittata into the preheated oven and bake for 7 to 10 minutes, just until the top is set and cheese is soft. Remove the dish from the oven, portion with a spatula or a knife and serve immediately. Top each piece with sliced smoked salmon, fresh chopped dill and avocado.
[…] View Recipe Link […]
I made this for our Christmas breakfast and it was delicious. Thank you for sharing!
You’re welcome! This is one of my favorite breakfast dishes!
For Pepper and Dill Frittata what kind of cheese can I substitute. I don’t like goat cheese.
You can try adding parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese or feta cheese 🙂