Weekends are for sleeping in and enjoying a slow and delicious breakfast, with mimosas of course! This delicious prosciutto frittata is made with asparagus, cherry tomatoes, shallots and goat cheese and topped with loads of prosciutto! You’ll love the combination of the salty prosciutto with creamy goat cheese and sweet tomatoes. I also add smoked paprika, which adds a smoky flavor component to the dish! Feel free to season this egg dish with your favorite herbs and spices!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the details and step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Frittata Recipe Variations
This prosciutto frittata is the perfect weekend breakfast dish because it’s a no-fuss recipe that comes together so easily and quickly. And don’t feel like you have to stick to with just my filling ingredients. Try adding your favorite veggies like broccoli, kale, mushrooms, or zucchini. I usually add whatever veggies I have on hand to mix up the recipe from time to time. You can also add shredded potatoes to the recipe to add more carbs. Serve this prosciutto frittata with a side of sliced avocado and buttered toast.
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict – perfect choice for a weekend breakfast!
- Smoked Salmon Frittata – easy frittata recipe with salmon, avocado, cheese and fresh herbs!
- The Best Cinnamon Rolls – seriously amazing recipe with hundreds of 5-star reviews!
- Smoky Bacon & Cheese Quiche – this easy quiche recipe is packed with veggies, cheese and bacon!
Share it on Pinterest!
Asparagus & Prosciutto Frittata (video)
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion, or 1 shallot
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomaotes
- 6 to 8 stems asparagus
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 5 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, cheddar cheese, or your favorite
- 4 slices prosciutto, or ham
- 1 avocado, for serving
- Preheat the oven broiler. Prepare all vegetables; slice them thinly so they cook quickly. Remove the hard ends of the asparagus and discard.
- Preheat an egg/omelette pan or frying pan over medium heat. Add a splash of olive oil or butter, then add the onion, red bell peppers, cherry tomatoes and asparagus. Add the smoked paprika and dried basil and a pinch of salt. Toss everything together and cook for about 5 minutes until vegetables are tender. Remove the asparagus and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the eggs. Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and freshly ground black pepper until smooth. Pour the eggs over the prepared vegetables. Top with asparagus and choice of cheese. Turn heat down to low and allow the eggs to cook for about 4 minutes, until the edges are done.
- Transfer the frittata into the oven under the broiler set to 'low'. Cook the frittata until the eggs are set on top, about 2 minutes. Remove and serve immediately with prosciutto, avocado and toasted baguette.