Are you ready for this epic, stunning triple chocolate cheesecake?! Chocolate and cheesecake are a match made in heaven and this chocolate cheesecake is any chocolate lover’s dream, made with three chocolate layers of melt-in-your-mouth goodness! Made with a chocolate graham cracker crust, semi-sweet chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate! I garnished the top with cookies, truffles and more chocolate! This is one to try!
Watch My Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Video!
Watch my video for step-by-step instructions and all the details. Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How to Make A Layered Chocolate Cheesecake
I should actually call it a quadruple chocolate cheesecake since there’s also a chocolate graham cracker crust! This chocolate crust is super easy to make!
- Just pulse the graham crackers into fine crumbs, add the melted butter and then press the mixture into the bottom of a springform pan.
- For the triple chocolate cheesecake filling, I start out with a simple cheesecake recipe and then divide the batter in three parts.
- For each third, I add either melted white chocolate, milk chocolate and dark chocolate. You can melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl or over a double boiler. Make sure the chocolate is melted smooth, then stir into the cheesecake batter.
- Layering the different cheesecake batters is a breeze! The trick to getting the even and beautiful layers is working slowly and carefully. First, pour in the dark chocolate batter and spread it evenly to the edges. Next, add the milk chocolate batter. Do this very gently with a spoon, dropping the batter in an even layer over the previous one. Repeat the process for the white chocolate layer, too!
Water Bath Baking Method for Cheesecakes
And to keep the layers even once the cake is baking, I recommend using a water bath. To use the water bath method, first wrap the bottom of the springform pan with two layers of foil. Seal the bottom very tightly so water does not seep in! Place the cheesecake into a large casserole pan and about 1-inch of water. The water adds additional moisture to the oven, keeping the top level and prevents cracking!
Garnishing the Chocolate Cheesecake
And once your cake is out of the oven and cooled, it’s time to garnish it! I like to drizzle the top with melted chocolate and add rolled chocolate wafers and chocolate truffles. So much chocolate never looked so good!
Enjoyed this decadent cheesecake recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake – another layered cheesecake mousse cake with dark, milk and white chocolate!
- Triple Coffee Cheesecake – made with coffee cheesecake, coffee mousse and coffee whipped cream. One of my personal favorites!
- Chocolate Orange Cheesecake – rich and chocolate-y cheesecake with orange zest and orange whipped cream!
- Strawberry Tuxedo Cake – this decadent cake is made with dark and white chocolate no-bake cheesecake layers!
Share it on Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake (video)
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs, about 10 whole crackers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 32 oz cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Optional garnishes: chocolate bars, truffles and cookies
- Preheat oven to 290F. Using a wide sheet of foil, wrap the foil around the bottom and sides of a 9 or 10-inch spring form pan; I recommend 2 layers of foil. Set aside.
- Create the crust first. Place the graham crackers, about 10, into a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form. Add the melted butter and mix again until all the crumbs are coated. Transfer the crumbs into the prepared pan and use a large spoon to press the mixture into an even layer, creating a firm and even crust.
- Place softened cream cheese and sour cream into a mixer bowl. Beat cream cheese on medium speed for about 10 minutes, scrapping down the sides of the bowl often, until cheese is light and fluffy. Add the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Continue to beat for about 5 minutes, scrapping sides of bowl often.
- Divide the filling between 3 separate bowls, using a kitchen scale if you have one for accuracy. Place each kind of chocolate into a separate bowl. Melt the chocolate using a microwave; stir every 30 seconds until chocolate is smooth. If the white chocolate doesn't want to melt, add 1/2 teaspoon of shortening to help keep it smooth.
- Fold in the melted chocolate into the split filling, creating a filling with each type of chocolate. Layer the fillings into the prepared pan. For the second and third layers, use a large spoon or spatula to add the filling gently over the top of the previous layer to keep them separate. Spread the filling evenly to the sides after each addition.
- Place the cheesecake into a deep roasted or baking pan. Place the pan onto a middle oven rack and fill the pan to the edge with warm water. Bake cheesecake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 30 to 45 minutes. The sides should be set but the center still slightly wobbly. Turn oven off and crack open the oven door; let the cheesecake stand for about an hour in the open oven. Then, transfer the cheesecake to a warm corner of your kitchen to cool for a few more hours. Once cooled to room temperature, transfer the cheesecake into the refrigerator and let it set overnight.