Easy Seared Ahi Tuna Salad
If you love seared tuna, you’re going to love this amazing tuna salad with wasabi and greens! This simple Asian salad recipe is bound to become a family favorite! It’s super easy to make, too! I serve the ahi tuna with creamy avocado, crunchy zucchini, spring greens and bits of wasabi for some incredible flavor! You’ll love the unique and tantalizing combo of flavors in this seafood salad recipe!
Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How to Make Seared Tuna
This seafood tuna salad is made with the best seared ahi tuna, thinly sliced and simply seasoned.
- I recommend first portioning and trimming the tuna into small squares or rectangles. This way, the tuna will cook evenly and you can slice and plate it beautifully.
- Once you have the tuna ready, place it into a bowl to marinate. My simple marinade is made with soy sauce and sesame seed oil. Let the tuna marinate for at least an hour for the best flavor.
- To cook the tuna, preheat a large pan over high heat. You want the pan to be extra hot!!
- Sear the tuna on all sides for approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute per side. Sear the tuna longer for larger pieces. Try to sear the tuna as evenly as possible so it cooks uniformly.
- Once done, use a sharp knife to thinly slice the tuna for the salad.
Simple Salad Recipe
This seafood salad is so simple! Simply arrange spring greens on a tray, add some sliced avocado and slice zucchini or cucumber. Add tiny dollops of wasabi on the side; dip the tuna into the wasabi with each bite! For the Asian salad dressing, I combine soy sauce, sesame seed oil and honey. This easy dressing is the perfect complement to the tuna!
Enjoyed this tuna salad recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Avocado Pineapple Tuna – this incredible dish is made with seared tuna, avocado cream and pineapple salsa!
- Avocado & Egg Salmon Salad – juicy salmon with poached egg and creamy avocado! This salad is so delicious!
- Mango Shrimp Salad – plump shrimp with mango and creamy dressing!
- Lemon Herb Cedar Plank Salmon – smoky and flavorful cedar planked salmon with garlic, lemon and herbs!
Share it on Pinterest!
Seared Ahi Tuna Salad
- 4 large tuna steaks, quarter pound each - I use sushi-grade tuna for this recipe that can be purchased at Asian specialty stores and select super markets
- 1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 8 to 10 cups baby greens fresh salad mix
- 2 large, ripe avocados, sliced
- 1 zucchini or cucumber, sliced
- wasabi paste
- 1/3 cup tamari sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- First, marinate the ahi tuna: Combine the 1/4 tamari or sauce sauce and 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil in large bowl. Place the tuna steaks into marinade, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Once marinated, discard the marinade and pat the tuna dry with paper towels. Heat a large pan over high heat and add a splash of oil. Sear the tuna for approximately 1 minutes per side. Lightly sear the fish on all sides, making sure the sear is even. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired. Remove the tuna from pan and use a very sharp knife thinly slice the tuna.
- For the salad dressing: simply combine the sauce sauce, sesame seed oil and honey in a measuring cup. Whisk for 1 minute and then set aside until ready to use.
- To arrange salad, simply layer the salad greens with sliced avocado and zucchini. Garnish the plate with tiny drops of wasabi paste and drizzle with the prepared dressing. Place the sliced tuna on top and serve.