Do you love to use whipped cream frosting for your cakes and cupcakes but need the frosting to hold its shape better? The answer is stabilized whipped cream – it holds its shape well and it’s pipeable! Stabilized frosting can be made several different ways (and I have multiple recipes below!) – this version can be made with gelatin or agar gelatin. It’s super easy to make at home and you can make it in almost any flavor; more flavor recommendations below!
This recipe is part of my ‘Back to Cake Basics’ series, where I share simple cake, frosting and filling recipes. Make sure to check out the entire collection!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for my step-by-step instructions! Want new recipe updates? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel!
My recipe for stabilized whipped cream is super versatile. In my video recipe, I used strawberry extract but this recipe will work great with any flavor and in any color.
- Try adding vanilla extract or even vanilla bean for a classic bakery flavor.
- Add some melted chocolate chips or cocoa powder for chocolate flavor.
- Coffee whipped cream is also delicious! Add a teaspoon of coffee emulsion, or a few tablespoons of cold espresso.
- Any fruit flavor will work for this frosting: strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, blackberry. You name it – it will taste amazing! I recommend using an extract. If you want to add fruit preserves, add them at the very end.
For the best results, make sure your cream is very cold, if necessary, place it into the freezer for 5 minutes before whisking.
Recipe proportions for bigger batches:
2 cups heavy cream + 2/3 cup white granulated sugar + 2 tsp gelatin + 1/4 cup water
3 cups heavy cream + 1 cup white granulated sugar + 1 tbsp gelatin + 6 tbsp water
(huge batch) 4 cups heavy cream + 1 1/3 cups white granulated sugar + 1 1/2 tbsp gelatin + 1/2 cup water
Enjoyed this recipe for whipped cream frosting? Check out some of my other frosting recipes!
- Next, try my ‘Berry Whipped Cream Frosting’! One of my personal favorites!
- European Whipped Cream Frosting is made with sweetened condensed milk!
- Vanilla German Buttercream is made with easy vanilla pastry cream.
Share it on Pinterest!