This bright and fruity cake is the essence of summer! My Raspberry Peach Cake recipe is made with vanilla, peach and raspberry cake layers dotted with fresh raspberries and frosted with a creamy raspberry whipped cream frosting. I fill the inside with diced peaches soaked in peach and raspberry liqueur. Every bite of this summer cake is bursting with fruity and delicious flavor! I garnish the top with more peaches, raspberries and edible flowers to make this cake look extra special! It’s the perfect choice for any occasion!
Watch My Video!
Watch my YouTube video recipe for step-by-step instructions and see me put together this stunning cake! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Raspberry Peach Cake Layers
This stunning raspberry peach cake is made with the most delicious, fruity cake layers! I start with my basic vanilla buttermilk batter, then I add in a few teaspoons of peach extract and vanilla extract. This is the peach extract that I love to use HERE (Amazon Affiliate Link). It’s very true to actual flavor and adds great flavor to the cake. I also add whole, fresh raspberries into the cake batter once I have the cake batter premeasured in my cake pans. You can also use frozen berries, just thaw them out beforehand. By adding the raspberries into the cake batter, you’ll have berry flavor with every bite!
I used three, 8-inch cake pans for my video recipe. You can also use two, 9-inch pans for this recipe.
Raspberry Frosting – 2 Options!
You can make this incredible peach raspberry cake with two different frostings: my ‘Berry Whipped Cream Frosting’, or my ‘Raspberry Buttercream’! I used the whipped cream frosting for my video recipe because I love the creamy texture and it goes very well with the raspberries. My whipped cream frosting is a little softer and harder to work with. If you want a sturdier frosting, try the buttercream recipe instead. Both frosting recipes will taste fantastic with the moist and fruity cake layers!
Diced Peach Filling
This cake has all the peach flavor, including a fresh peach filling! For the filling, I dice a few peaches into small, pea-sized pieces and place them into a mixing bowl. If you’re making this cake out of season, canned peaches will also work well. Next, I pour a little peach liqueur and raspberry liqueur over the top and toss the fruit. I recommend letting the fruit stand in the liqueur for about an hour, tossing it every 15 to 20 minutes. Later, I drain the liqueur and use it soak the cake layers! My recipe will make extra diced peaches that you can serve on the side with every slice.
Can I Skip the Liqueur?
Yes, you can absolutely skip the alcohol for this peach cake recipe! Instead of the raspberry and peach liqueur, you can use a simple syrup (1 cup water + ½ cup sugar), or you can use a peach juice instead.
Assembling the Cake
Once I have all the different cake components ready, it’s time to assemble this raspberry peach cake! Here’s how it’s done:
- Always, always make sure the cake layers are completely cooled before starting, otherwise the frosting will melt! Level the tops of each layer with a serrated knife.
- Drain the liqueur from the peaches and use a pastry brush to lightly soak each cake layer.
- Pipe a barrier ring of frosting around the edge of the cake layers to keep the peach filling securely inside the cake, then fill the inside with a layer of diced peaches.
- To keep the diced peaches in place, frost the next cake layer first, then invert the frosted side onto the diced peaches. Super easy trick when you have a fruit filling!
- Frost the top and sides of the cake with a crumb coat of frosting, then chill for 30 minutes before adding the final layer of frosting.
- Garnish the top with more raspberries, sliced peaches and edible flowers!
- Enjoy! You can enjoy the cake right away, or keep it stored in the fridge until you’re ready to enjoy.
Enjoyed this fruity and summery cake recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Summer Sangria Cake – the ultimate summertime cake: sponge cake soaked with sangria, filled with fruit and frosted with a berry frosting!
- Peach Zefir Cake – this stunning peach cake is filled with peach-flavored Russian marshmallow, fresh peaches and whipped cream!
- Raspberry Tiramisu Cake – creamy, dreamy and fruity! This delicate raspberry cake with tiramisu filling is perfect for any occasion!
- Blueberry Lemon Cake – you’ll love this fruity blueberry cake with lemon curd filling and lemon cream cheese frosting!
Share it on Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
- Peach Extract – this peach extract smells and tastes just like peaches!
- Aluminum Baking Pans – I love my 8-inch pans from Fat Daddios!
- Ateco Turn Table – this classic cake decorating table is a must for all bakers.
- KitchenAid Hand Mixer – small but powerful, this little mixer gets any small baking job done well.