Ombre Peach Cake Recipe (video)
Juicy, aromatic and delicious peaches are simply one of the best summer fruits! They’re especially delicious still sun-kissed and warm off a tree! Peaches are the essence of summer and this incredible peaches and cream ombre cake is loaded with tons of peachy-flavor! It’s made with peach cake layers, frosted with a delicious cream cheese frosting and garnished with a white chocolate ganache. Not only is this fruit cake gorgeous, it’s delicious! The different colored ombre cake layers just make this cake even more fun!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the sweet details! Want to receive new recipe updates? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Putting the ‘Peach’ in this Peach Cake!
This decadent peaches and cream cake recipe is loaded with real peach flavor. For the most fruity flavor, I add pureed peaches right into the cake batter. If you want even more peach flavor, try adding a teaspoon of peach extract; available online on Amazon! And to create those stunning ombre cake layers, I first divided the cake batter into three bowls, then colored them with food coloring. If you wish, you can leave the layers plain.
The peachy cake layers are then frosted with a fluffy cream cheese frosting and soak with more peach puree! If you’re not a fan of cream cheese frosting, try this recipe with my ‘Basic Vanilla Buttercream’ – it’s simply delicious! I love all the natural peach flavor in this cake! With availability permitting, I recommend making this cake with fresh peaches. They simply have more fruity flavor; canned peaches will work in a pinch.
Garnishing the Cake
For garnishing this cake, I simply couldn’t resist adding my favorite peach candy – Peachy-Os! These are so good and they perfect complement the peachy cake layers! You can also garnish this cake with fresh sliced peaches, or leave the top plain with just the white chocolate ganache!
Enjoyed this fruity cake recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Raspberry Peach Cake – the perfect cake for summer, with raspberry cake layers, diced peach filling and whipped cream frosting!
- Next, try my ‘Peach Zefir Torte’ for the ultimate fruit cake creation!
- And if you love berries, try my ‘Berry Mascarpone Cake’ next!
- Peach Lavender Cake – delicate lavender cake layers filled with peach preserves!
- Easy Peach Galette – this rustic, French-style pie is filled with juicy peaches!
Save and share it on Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
- Peach extract is a great addition to the cake layers and the buttercream!
- Use my favorite 8-inch aluminum cake pans with these pre-cut parchment paper rounds
- I love my classic Ateco turntable for cake decorating.
- And these off-set spatulas are great for cake decorating!
Ombre Peach Cake Recipe (video)
For Peach Cake Layers:
- 2 large peaches
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peach extract, optional
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- peach food coloring
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 cup butter, softened at room temperature
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 to 6 cups confectioner's sugar
For White Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 cup white chocolate melts
- 1/3 cups heavy cream
- white food coloring
- 10 to 15 gummy peach candy rings, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 3, 8-inch cake pans with parchment paper; set aside.
- Prepare the peach puree. Place peaches (use fresh or canned) along with 1/4 cup sugar into a food processor. Pulse until peaches are pureed. Measure out 3/4 cup peach puree for the cake batter. Set aside the remaining puree to soak the cake layers.
- Prepare the cake batter. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla, and peach extract (optional; may be hard to find in stores). Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Add the milk and 3/4 cup peach puree. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the batter and whisk just until combined.
- Divide the cake batter between three bowls. Leave one bowl plain, color the second and third bowls with peach food coloring, making one darker than the other. Pour the cake batter into the prepared pans and bake in preheated oven for about 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the cakes from the oven, cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then on wire rack until completely cooled.
- Prepare the cream cheese frosting. Place the softened butter and cheese into a stand mixer bowl and whisk on high speed for about 5 minutes, until light and fluffy, scraping sides of bowl often. Add the vanilla extract, salt and peach food coloring, then gradually add the confectioner's sugar. Add the sugar a cup at a time and whisk after each addition.
- Assemble the cake. Pierce each cake layer with a fork and soak with the remaining peach puree. Layer the darkest cake layer on the bottom, spread a generous amount of frosting between each layer. Frost the top and sides with a crumb coat layer first, then refrigerate cake for about 20 minutes. The apply a second layer of frosting and smooth the top and sides. Refrigerate the cake again for another 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the white chocolate ganache. Combine the white chocolate with the heavy cream in a large bowl. Use a water bath or microwave and heat the white chocolate until completely melted. Add a bit of white food coloring; this will make the ganache less transparent. Allow the ganache to thicken slightly, then transfer into a pastry bag or ziplock bag. Drizzle the ganache down the sides of the cake first, then spread with a spatula over the top.
- Garnish the cake with gummy peach rings. Keep cake refrigerated. Remove from the refrigerator about 1 hour prior to serving to allow the frosting to soften.
Beautiful summery cake!
Do you have any recipes for ice cream? Especially coffee flavor recipe would be great to have from you.
Thanks for fixing the Web site page, finally I can see the whole thing when opening the recipe.
Hi! Not yet but I will have on coming out in 2 weeks 🙂 Sorry if the website wasn’t working, had a little trouble with our server!
Hi, just wondering if you have cake recipes without using eggs ????
Hi! Sorry, I don’t have a cake like that at this time
What a gorgeous cake! Do you think this could be made with strawberries as A substitute for the peaches ? Thanks so much 🙂
Yes, strawberries would taste fantastic here, too! 🙂
I can’t wait to taste this cake and the amazing peaches and white chocolate ganache.
Tried making the cake layers twice and they didn’t come out like yours. Mine seemed dense- the cake layers weren’t soaking in the purée even though I made holes in it with a fork. The cream wasn’t thick. This baking was a disaster and a waste of products- even though I followed your directions. My son was so excited for his peach cake ?
I’m so sorry that your cake layers didn’t turn out! 🙁 I use this recipe across most of my cakes. The two things that can go wrong might be: over-mixing the cake batter or using old baking powder. As far as the cream, try refrigerating runny buttercream to thicken it. If the ingredients are too warm, the mix will be too thin.
i tried making this after seeing it on Instagram, but the layers were so thin! I noticed something was wrong because the batter bearly went up the sides of the pans even though I followed recipe exactly. Thanks xx
Sorry your cake didn’t turn out! Please check your baking powder and make sure it’s not expired… That can happen with old baking powder!
I have only a little oven, so I can’t bake all the three layers in the same time. Will something happen if I will bake them one by one? Thanks! 🙂
Hi! I think the batter should be fine standing since the recipe calls for baking powder, not baking soda.
A little too sweet, will need to adjust the amount of sugar next time. Otherwise great!
I commented on the cake yesterday. Served the cake today. It was a hit. Only a very small piece left. Although the layers didn’t rise the flavor was good. Maybe I over beat it. I’ll try it again for my family.
Awesome! So glad it was a hit with everyone 🙂
Hi , i made your recepie and it turned out to be delicious and the cake was really light and yummy. thanks alot. I wiil put its image in my instagram.
just maybe too much sugar in the buttercream.
So glad you enjoyed the recipe! 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
Hello there , Which brand of food colouring do you use ?
I also want to know about where to buy peach oil
Hi! I use food coloring by AmeriColor; I have them in my shop. The oil is sold by Lorann Oils; you can also find them online 🙂
Hi, I live in sweden and I cant find any peaches now in winter season 😔…. if I must use canned peaches, what can I do to do it tasteful as yours? Can I add peach flavor to it or something else? 🙂
Hi! Canned peaches will work beautifully for this recipe, too! You can absolutely add a few teaspoons of peach extract or flavoring, too! Love that idea 🙂 Enjoy!
If I use canned peaches…. how many gram should i use?
1 medium peach is approximately 150g, I would add about 300g to 325g canned peaches 🙂