If you have never tried meat blini, you’re in for a tasty surprise! These Russian savory crepes are little pockets of meaty goodness made with simple crepes, filled with a beef and cheese mixture, then pan-fried in a bit of butter. The filling is so juicy and flavorful! And don’t forget to serve them with a dollop of sour cream for an authentic culinary experience!
Enjoy Eastern European recipes? Make sure to get a copy of my new cookbook, Beyond Borscht, featuring 75 traditional recipes!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions on how to make these! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Making Meat Blini
This tasty meat appetizer starts with the delicate crepes! I always use my classic crepe recipe and for these blini, too! My secret to making easy crepes is making the batter in a food blender. It leaves the batter super smooth and clump free!
The juicy filling a combination of 85% lean beef, onion and mozzarella cheese! The beef is super juicy thanks to the grated onion and the cheese gets super melty once the blini are heated! These are seasoned with dill, a traditional Eastern European and Russian herb that is used to season just about everything in our cuisine!
My Grandmother’s Recipe!
Making these at home brings back so many wonderful memories of my grandmother cooking these for us! I loved to visit babushka because she always had cabbage piroshki, cheese pancakes and blini on hand for us to enjoy. We would run across the street to visit her and come home with extras to share. This meat blini recipe is an homage to her and a ‘thank you’ for sharing such an incredible recipes with me!
Looking for more traditional Russian or Ukrainian recipes? Check out more of my recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Turkey Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy – seriously, the best meatballs ever! Super juicy and flavorful, with creamy gravy and mashed potatoes.
- Russian Salmon Coulibiac – the most delicious fish pastry ever with flaky salmon, mushroom rice and a zesty dill and lemon sauce!
- Classic Beef Borscht – the most delicious, hearty Ukrainian soup with beets and beef!
- Juicy and flavorful ‘Beef Cutlets’ with a recipe for mushroom gravy!
- You’ll love this hearty and aromatic ‘Ukrainian Beef Stew’ – aka, Жаркое!
Enjoyed the recipe? Save it to Pinterest for later!