You need to have this maple pecan cake in your life right now! It really is one of the best fall desserts I’ve ever had! The richly flavored maple cake layers are dotted with crunchy pecans and the salted caramel frosting is the perfect finish to this cake! And let’s talk about that garnish! I topped the cake with caramelized sugar garnish to take the cake to another level! Not only is this fall cake stunning but it’s also delicious!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for the sugar garnish tutorial and for all the recipe details! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
All the Maple Flavor!
I have a serious love for all things maple flavored. Maple syrup, maple cupcakes, maple pancakes, maple cakes. I especially love maple extract. If you haven’t tried it yet, you’re in for a treat! I add this extract to just about every dessert in the fall. It adds so much great flavor without having to adjust the original recipe. Get it HERE on Amazon!
The Sugar Garnish
The caramelized sugar garnish was so much fun to make! It’s a really easy technique but it makes this cake look like a million dollars! When making this cake ahead of time, leave the sugar garnish off, until ready to serve. If left on for too long, the sugar will eventually start to soft and dissolve, making the garnish lose its shape. You can use this garnish for just about any type of cake or dessert!
The Salted Caramel Frosting
This maple cake wouldn’t be complete without the incredible ‘Salted Caramel Buttercream’ I used to frost the cake layers. The silky and slightly salted frosting is the perfect complement to the sweet maple and pecan cake layers! I have a new video recipe for this frosting, from my ‘Back to Cake Basics’ series. Make sure to check out my in-depth tutorial for more tips! Want a European-style buttercream instead? Check out my ‘French Buttercream’ recipe and add 8 ounces of caramel to the recipe.
- Maple Pecan Cake with Maple French Buttercream – this delicious cake is made without any added sugars, just pure maple syrup, even for the frosting!
- Caramel Banana Banoffee Cake – the most delicious banana cake recipe with pecan cake layers, caramel sauce and cream cheese frosting!
- No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake – topped with spiced whipped cream and caramel sauce!
- Maple Pumpkin Eclairs – classic eclairs filled with the best pumpkin whipped cream filling!
- Caramel Pecan Pumpkin Cake – stunning pumpkin cake with caramel buttercream!
Enjoyed this recipe? Please share and save it to Pinterest!