The perfect springtime dessert: crispy and gooey chocolate pavlova topped with the most incredible lavender whipped cream and loads of fresh blackberries. The unique flavor combination in this pavlova cake recipe is amazing! Every bite simply melts in your mouth, taking you to dessert heaven! You’ll fall in love with the lavender frosting combined with the blackberries from the first bite. It’s a light, fluffy, chocolatey and fruity dessert all in one!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the sweet details! Want to receive email updates for new recipes? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Tips For Making Meringue
Make this chocolate pavlova successfully! Have you ever attempted to make meringue and it wouldn’t hold its shape at all! I’ve had this happen a few times and it can be so frustrating! The key to getting stiff and glossy peaks is using a super squeaky clean mixing bowl and whisk. Even the tiniest amount of grease or oil residue will cause the egg whites to go flat.
- Use a degreasing soap or white vinegar to rinse the bowl before using, then wipe it down with a clean kitchen towel.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar to further help stabilize the egg whites.
Assembling the Dessert
Since the chocolate pavlova base takes several hours to bake, I recommend splitting this cake recipe into a two-day project. Allow the meringue layer to cool completely, then place into a bag or an airtight container and keep at room temperature. Make the lavender cream and assemble the dessert when ready to serve so that they meringue stays crunchy. I made the lavender cream with cream cheese, but softened mascarpone will also work well! And make sure your lavender oil is okay for consumption. Get the one I use here: https://tatyanaseverydayfood.com/shop/
Enjoyed this unique lavender dessert? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- ‘Lavender Peach Cake’ – made with lavender cake layers, lavender buttercream and peach preserves.
- And, try my stacked pavlova cake with whipped cream – ‘Chocolate Pavlova with berries’!
- Lavender Blackberry Macarons – delicate lavender cookies with berry and lemon filling!
- Lavender Blackberry Mousse Cake – this delicious no-bake dessert is simply stunning!
Share it on Pinterest!