Craving for a new French macaron flavor? These coconut mango macarons are made with coconut buttercream, coconut-flavored almond cookies and filled with mango puree! Every bite of these mango macarons is filled with incredible, juicy tropical flavor! These cookies will take you straight back to paradise!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the details and step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Tips For Macaron Success!
Many bakers dread making macarons because these little cookies can be a little finicky, but set that fear aside! I’ll walk you through the steps with my precious instructions so you can make these at home. And don’t get disappointed if your first attempt doesn’t work well. My first three attempts at making macarons failed horribly! But practice makes perfect! Here are a few crucial tips for making these cookies:
- Whisk the egg whites just until they reach stiff peak stage. Under mixing will result in a flat batter; over mixing can cause the cookies to spread while baking.
- Fold the batter thoroughly, flattening the egg whites against the side of your mixing bowl. BUT, be careful – you don’t want to over mix the batter! That will also cause your cookies to be just flat, shapeless disks.
- Allow those cookies to REST! Let the cookies stand for an hour at room temperature, allowing a thin shell to form on the outside. This shell gives the cookies their shape so it’s crucial! If your macarons are cracking on top, you might need to let the cookies rest longer. If you live in a humid climate, extend the timing even more as humidity and moisture will prevent a shell from forming.
- For best results, place the coconut macarons into an airtight container and refrigerate for 1 to 2 days. Remove about 30 minutes prior to serving to allow the filling to soften.
To add some garnish and tropical flair, try rolling the edges of the coconut macarons in toasted coconut flakes!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
I use this coconut extract for all my baking.
This set of jumbo cake decorating tips includes a simple round tip and star tips for filling.
Get a set of disposable pastry bags – no more washing any bags!
You can use parchment paper or these silicone mats for baking.
I love my classic KitchenAid stand mixer – a must for every kitchen!
And this kitchen scale is a must for making perfect macarons!
Love this recipe? Save it to Pinterest for later!
More Macaron Recipes!
Looking for more berry or fruity flavored French macaron recipes? I’ve got you covered with a whole macaron recipe collection!
- Try these ‘Sparkling Wine Macarons’ next!