Do you love all things pumpkin during the fall season? Then this silky smooth and creamy caramel pumpkin cheesecake is for you! It’s a double layered cheesecake with a caramel layer, a pumpkin layer and spiced whipped cream on top! I love the combination of caramel and pumpkin – the flavors complement each other so well! And the easy-t0-make spiced whipped cream just makes this cheesecake even better! I like to add the chocolate swirls on top to make this cake even more festive – just watch my video to see how its down. If you’re planning your Thanksgiving menu, make sure to include this cake!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions and see put together this cheesecake! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
You’ll love how the caramel and pumpkin come together in this fall cheesecake recipe! For this recipe, I start with a basic cheesecake base made with cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Once you have this plain base ready, it’s time to add the flavors! First split the batter in half between two bowls.
- Caramel Cheesecake: for the caramel layer, you’ll need to add either dulce de leche or my recipe for ‘Homemade Caramel Sauce’. This easy recipe is my go-to whenever I need caramel and it’s going to be perfect for drizzling over the cheesecake, too! Dulce de leche is a caramel made from sweetened condensed milk. It’s a thicker caramel sauce that’s also great for this recipe.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake: this layer has all the delicious flavors of a classic pumpkin cheesecake! Made with pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg and even a bit of maple syrup extract for even more flavor! You can find maple syrup extract online (affiliate link). My favorite extract for fall!
How to Serve
This pumpkin caramel cheesecake will steal the show at your next holiday dinner party! To garnish the cheesecake, I like to add dollops of spiced whipped cream, made with cream, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. It’s the perfect complement to the rich and delicious cake! Drizzle each slice of cheesecake with extra caramel sauce and don’t forget to serve with extra whipped cream on the side!
Enjoyed this fall cheesecake recipe? Check out some of my other recipes that you’re sure to love!
- Maple Bourbon Pumpkin Pie – you’ll love this amazing pumpkin pie recipe with a hint of maple syrup and bourbon!
- No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake – super light and fluffy cheesecake with pumpkin and spices!
- Caramel Pecan Pumpkin Cake – the best pumpkin cake with caramel frosting!
- Pumpkin Maple Eclairs – filled with the fluffiest pumpkin whipped cream filling!
- Chocolate Pecan Pumpkin Cupcakes – tasty pumpkin cupcakes with spiced whipped cream!
Share it on Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
I love this tall spring form pan for cakes and cheesecakes.
These handy off-set spatulas are great for spreading cake batter and frosting.
My classic CuisinArt food processor is the best – simple and powerful.
And my classic KitchenAid stand mixer is a must for every kitchen.
This set of jumbo cake decorating tips includes all my favorite tips.