This butter poached lobster recipe with simple risotto is the pinnacle of gourmet cooking at home! It’s a 5-star, restaurant quality seafood dish that is not only easy but fun to make at home for a special occasion. The lobster tails are first poached in water, then peeled and poached in herbed butter, served over a bed of risotto. This easy risotto recipe is the perfect complement to the buttery lobster!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe to learn how to peel lobster tails like a pro! Want to receive new recipe updates? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Preparing Lobster Tails at Home!
Preparing butter poached lobster at home can seem very intimidating, I know! I didn’t attempt to make lobster tails at home for a long time, but now I wish I had been making this wayyy more often! It’s super, duper easy! The one thing to you need to watch out for is over-cooking the lobster.
- Make sure to set a timer once the lobster hits the boiling water, then immediately remove the lobster once it’s done cooking and…
- Shock the lobster tails in a bowl of ice water. The ice water stops the lobster from cooking further and becoming rubbery.
- Use cut-resistant gloves and a clean kitchen tea towel to hold the tails and crack the shells gently. The edges of the shells can be very sharp so be careful!
The Simple Risotto
Since lobster is so flavorful and delicious on its own, serving it with this simple risotto is the best way to enjoy it. For this video recipe, I made a Parmesan cheese risotto, but you can also switch this recipe up and add diced mushrooms to the mix, or even try adding some smoked gouda cheese! And the broth can be adjusted, too. You can use chicken, beef or vegetable for this recipe. The key to making creamy risotto is whisking, whisking, and whisking some more. The more the rice is mixed, the creamier it gets. Risotto is a labor of love, but well worth the work! This recipe will be enough for 4 servings.
Perfect for a Special Occasion!
Serve this butter poached lobster recipe with a side of champagne for the ultimate dinner! Surprise your guests or that special someone with this elegant and delicious lobster tail dish at home for a special occasion, holiday, birthday or celebration. Nothing says ‘I love you’ with food like lobster!
Looking for more seafood recipes? Check out some of my other special occasion dishes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Pan-Seared Scallops – zesty lemon caper jumbo scallops with creamy mushroom risotto! Perfect for a special occasion dinner!
- Russian Salmon Coulibiac – the most delicious fish pastry ever with flaky salmon, mushroom rice and a zesty dill and lemon sauce!
- Filet Mignon Steak Dinner – learn how to make the BEST filet mignon dinner with parmesan potatoes and mushrooms!
- My ‘Creamy Crab Pasta’ is another great seafood dinner recipe!
- Wild Sea Bass Dinner – buttery, flaky sea bass with garlicy spinach, tomatoes and mushrooms! Easy, 30-minute meal!
Enjoyed this recipe? Save the recipe to Pinterest!