It’s fall – time for all things pumpkin and spice! These no-bake, mini pumpkin pie parfait shooters are the perfect fall dessert for any fall festival, holiday or gathering! This easy dessert is made with three layers of yumminess: gingersnap cookie crumbs, vanilla marshmallow meringue and of course, no-bake pumpkin pie filling. These parfait cups are easy to serve at a party and will disappear in minutes! Make sure to add them to your Thanksgiving dessert menu!
My Pumpkin Pie Parfaits Video!
Watch my YouTube video tutorial for step-by-step instructions and all the sweet, pumpkin details! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website emailing list and YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Ingredients for Pumpkin Parfaits
Here are the main ingredients you’ll need for this easy pumpkin dessert:
- Gingersnap cookies: The gingersnap cookie crumbs add so much incredible flavor and are way better than regular graham cracker crumbs.
- Pumpkin Puree: canned pumpkin puree is the easiest and best option for this recipe.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: traditional pumpkin pie filling is made with raw eggs. I replaced the eggs in this recipe with the condensed milk.
- Gelatin: I used unflavored gelatin to help set the pumpkin pie filling. You can however omit the gelatin if you don’t mind a softer filling.
- Cinnamon & Nutmeg: these spices add lots of fall and pumpkin spice flavor!
- Egg Whites: for making the meringue. I love the marshmallow meringue – it’s super fluffy and light, adding a lightness to this dessert.
How to Make Mini Pumpkin Pie Parfaits
These delicious mini pumpkin pie parfaits are made with three different layers: an easy, no-bake pumpkin pie filling, a gingerbread crumble and fluffy whipped cream! Layer these fillings alternating into parfait cups:
- Pumpkin Pie Filling: this no-bake filling is perfect for these parfait cups! It’s made with pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks and spices! Just combine everything together in a sauce pot and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until the filling is thickened. Let the pumpkin filling cool before assembling!
- Gingerbread Crumble: I absolutely love the spicy and warm flavor of these cookies! Just place the cookies into a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Add the melted butter to bring it all together!
- Meringue Topping: this light and fluffy meringue is the perfect complement to the richer pumpkin pie and cookie crumbs! The egg whites are whisked together with a hot sugar syrup that cookies the whites. No need to worry about raw egg whites! The sugar syrup is super hot!
Serving Pumpkin Pie Parfaits
This dessert can be prepared in the tall dessert shooter glasses, like the ones I used. These individual parfait cups can be found on Amazon (affiliate link). You can also buy them at Party City, Michael’s or other hobby stores. You can also assemble the dessert in large cups for larger servings. Either way, this pumpkin pie parfait dessert is delicious! This dessert can also be made ahead of time, even a few days ahead of time, which makes it easier for you to prepare and serve.
Enjoyed this recipe? Please share and save it to Pinterest!
- Classic Pumpkin Donuts 2 Ways – enjoy classic pumpkin donuts 2 ways – filled with pumpkin whipped cream or plain in cinnamon sugar!
- No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake – you’ll love the amazing flavor of this incredible pumpkin cake!
- ‘Maple Pumpkin Eclairs’ – filled with creamy and fluffy pumpkin cream cheese filling!
- Maple Bourbon Pumpkin Pie – you’ll love this amazing pumpkin pie recipe with a hint of maple syrup and bourbon!
Mini Pumpkin Pie Parfaits (video)
For Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- .25 oz unflavored gelatin, 1 packet
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH: ground cinnamon; ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon EACH: ground all-spice; salt
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin puree, unflavored
For Ginger Snap Filling:
- 20 ginger snap cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
For Vanilla Meringue:
- 3 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Prepare the pumpkin pie filling first. Combine the egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, gelatin and spices in a small saucepan. Whisk the ingredients together. Cook the mixture over low-medium heat, scrapping the bottom of the pan with a spatula constantly, for 8-10 minutes, until a thick custard forms. Remove the custard from heat and stir in the pumpkin puree; set aside to cool at room temperature.
- Next prepare the ginger snap crumbs. Place cookies into a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form. Pour in melted butter and pulse until the cookie crumbs are coated; set aside.
- Prepare the meringue last. Place the egg whites into a very clean mixer bowl. Combine the 3/4 cup sugar with 1/3 cup water in a small saucepan. Cook over low-medium heat, not stirring, until the sugar syrup reaches 240F (I recommend using a thermometer for accuracy).
- When sugar syrup is almost done, start whisking the egg whites until they reach soft peak stage. Slowly pour in the hot sugar syrup directly into the egg whites with the mixer whisking on low speed. Once all the sugar syrup is added, turn the mixer to its highest speed and whisk egg whites for about 8 to 10 minutes, until they are thick and glossy. Add the vanilla and whisk for another minute.
- To assemble the dessert, transfer the pumpkin and the meringue into separate pastry bags. Pipe a small amount of pumpkin into tall shot glasses, followed by 1 to 2 teaspoons of the cookie crumb mixture; top with a bit of meringue. Repeat the layers again and finish the top of the dessert with a generous amount of meringue.
- Keep dessert refrigerated! Can be served right away or chilled.