If you love cheesecake as much as I do, you’ll love these adorable mini cheesecakes topped with salted caramel and chocolate drizzle! Sprinkle some coarse salt on top for a bit of sweet and salty flavor! These little treats are a great dessert to serve at parties and special get-togethers. These little caramel cheesecakes are a truly decadent treat and each little bite will melt in your mouth!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the details and step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How to Make Mini Cheesecakes
I start these caramel cheesecake treats off with a simple graham cracker crust, just like the one you would use for a regular cheesecake. Actually, everything is just like a regular cheesecake, it’s just baked in little forms!
- First, line each mini cupcake tin with a paper liner, then drop spoonfuls of graham cracker mixture into each one. To make sure the cookie crumbs are firmly in place, use the bottom of a shot glass to press them firmly into place.
- The vanilla cheesecake batter is super easy and simple, made with cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla and sugar.
- Once you have the crust ready, fill the mini cupcake tins to the top with the cheesecake batter.
- Bake the mini cheesecakes just until the tops are set, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Allow them to cool before adding the caramel sauce and drizzled chocolate.
Caramel Chocolate Topping!
Once the mini cheesecakes are baked, I top them off with melted caramel candies. If you want to use your own caramel sauce, I have a great recipe for that, too. My ‘Homemade Caramel Sauce’ is so easy to make – it’s a great alternative to the caramels I used in my video recipe! Once the caramel sets up a bit, add a few flakes of sea salt and drizzle with melted chocolate chips for the finishing touch! Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, transfer into a disposable bag and drizzle over the tops.
Enjoyed this fun recipe for mini cheesecakes? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Mini Raspberry Lemon Tarts – these delicate tarts are topped with lemon curd and torched meringue!
- Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes – these red velvet cheesecake minis are no-bake and topped with berries!
- Mini Fruit Pavlovas – delicate and crunchy meringue topped with whipped cream and berries!
- Mini Blueberry Tarts – filled with juicy blueberries in a butter pie crust!
Share it on Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
Salted Caramel Mini Cheesecakes (video)
- 5 whole graham crackers, or 10-15 digestive biscuits
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 15 Kraft caramels
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a 24-count cupcake pan with paper liners; set aside.
- Prepare the crust. Place graham crackers into a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form. Add the melted butter and pulse again until the crumbs are well coated. Drop a heaping teaspoon of cookie crumbs into each liner. Using the back of a spoon or a shot glass, press the crumbs firmly into the bottom to create a firm crust.
- Prepare the filling. Soften the cream cheese at room temperature. Place the cream cheese into a mixer bowl and beat on medium/high speed for about 8 minutes until the cream cheese is light and fluffy. Add the remaining ingredients: sugar, egg and egg yolk, sour cream and vanilla extract. Beat for another 5 minutes, scraping sides of bowl often, until mixture is smooth and uniform.
- Fill each liner to the top with cheesecake filling. Transfer the cupcake pan into a large baking sheet. Add water to the baking sheet to create a waterbath for the cheesecakes; this will help prevent cracking. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool at room temperature.
- Prepare the topping. Place the caramels into a small bowl and melt in the microwave until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Drop a small dollop onto each cheesecake. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Transfer the melted chocolate into a ziplock bag, cut off a small tip and drizzle over the caramel. Add salt flakes while the chocolate is still melted. If desired, use my 'Homemade Caramel Sauce' recipe instead of caramels.
- Set cheesecakes into refrigerator to set completely. Keep refrigerated and remove about 30 minutes serving.