Looking for a quick and easy chicken dinner recipe? This incredible maple Dijon chicken sheet pan dinner is super easy to make and so delicious! It’s made with bone-in chicken, sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, and smoky bacon bits, all coated in a delicious maple glaze! This recipe is sponsored by Maple from Canada. Pure maple syrup adds depth and complexity to any dish and it’s especially great as a glaze for this chicken recipe. The easy glaze is made with pure maple syrup, Dijon mustard, olive oil and smoked paprika to add a smoky flavor to the dish! This oven roasted chicken recipe is bound to become a family favorite!
My Maple Chicken Video Tutorial
Watch my YouTube video tutorial for step-by-step instructions and see me put together this oven-roasted chicken sheet pan dinner! Want to stay up to date on new recipes? Make sure to subscribe to my website emailing list and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Ingredients for Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
I love this easy chicken dinner because it comes together in no time! Here are the main ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
- Pure Maple Syrup from Canada: I recommend using only pure maple syrup for this recipe! Unlike mass produced syrups, which contain a slurry of sugar, artificial flavors and corn syrups, real maple syrup is made with just one ingredient – 100% maple.
- Bone-in, Skin-on Chicken: use bone-in chicken drumsticks or chicken thighs. Chicken breast will also work for this recipe. Bone-in chicken is super juicy and the best option for this recipe.
- Smoky Bacon: the bacon tastes so great with the maple syrup flavor!
- Sweet Potatoes: use 2 to 3 medium potatoes for this recipe.
- Brussels Sprouts: make sure to clean the outer leaves of the brussels sprouts! Only use the firm, inner part of the vegetable.
- Olive Oil & Dijon Mustard: for making the maple Dijon glaze. I used an extra-virgin olive oil and coarse ground mustard.
- Smoked Paprika: this smoky spice adds tons of great flavor to the recipe! Use regular paprika if you don’t have the smoky variety.
- Salt, Pepper & Fresh Thyme: for seasoning the chicken and the vegetables.
Preparing the Maple Glaze
The first step to making this quick and easy maple Dijon chicken is preparing the glaze. It’s made with pure maple syrup, olive oil, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, smoked paprika and fresh thyme. I recommend using fresh thyme for the most flavor! To make the glaze, simply combine all the ingredients together in a large measuring cup or bowl and whisk them together until the glaze is uniform. You’ll need half of the glaze for the chicken and half of the glaze for the vegetables.
How to Make Maple Dijon Chicken
Here’s how I put together this delicious sheet pan dinner with sweet potatoes! The oven-roasted chicken comes out super juicy!
- First, start by preheating the oven to 425F. Arrange the chicken in a large casserole pan and pour half of the prepared maple Dijon glaze over the top. Use kitchen tongs to rotate the chicken until it’s well coated all over. Place the chicken in to the refrigerate to marinate while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Next up, the vegetables. Peel and cube the sweet potatoes into bite sized chunks. Clean the brussels sprouts, then cut them in half. Thinly slice the shallots. I like to combine all the vegetables in a large bowl, along with the bacon, then season with the remaining glaze.
- Use a spatula to combine all the veggies and bacon together, until they’re well coated. Spread the vegetables onto a large, lined baking sheet in an even layer.
- Add the marinated chicken right on top of the sweet potatoes, placing the skin side up. This way, the skin will get nice and crispy! Brush on any remaining glaze over the top with a pastry brush. Sprinkle more fresh thyme over the top, if desired.
- Roast the chicken sheet pan dinner at 425F, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes. The internal temperature of the chicken needs to reach 165F. Larger pieces will take a little longer to bake.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before digging in to enjoy!
Want even more flavor? Try marinating the chicken in the maple glaze overnight!
Making the Chicken Extra Crispy!
If you love your chicken skin extra crispy, here’s an extra baking tip for you! Once the chicken is cooked, turn on your oven broiler and broil the chicken for a few minutes, until the chicken skin is extra golden and crispy!
Sponsored by Maple from Canada
This delicious chicken dinner with sweet potatoes was sponsored by Maple from Canada. I absolutely love using pure maple syrup in my recipes! With its unique flavor and mouthwatering aroma, you can use maple syrup for both sweet and savory recipes! 100% pure maple syrup from Canada is a natural sweetener that is derived directly from the maple tree’s sap! You guys are going to love the flavor it adds to this dish! Learn more about the brand and where you can purchase their products on their website here: https://www.puremaplefromcanada.com/
Enjoyed this delicious chicken dinner? Check out some of my other recipes using pure maple syrup you’re sure to enjoy!
- Maple Glazed Teriyaki Salmon – juicy salmon coated in a teriyaki maple sauce, with mango and avocado salsa!
- Maple Pecan Cake – made with maple cake layers and a maple buttercream frosting! Also with Maple from Canada!
- Maple No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake – a fruity and delicious cheesecake sweetened with pure maple syrup, with strawberries and rhubarb!
- Maple White Russian – use pure maple syrup for cocktails, too! Try it with this creamy coffee drink!
Share it on Pinterest!
Maple Dijon Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner (video)
For Maple Dijon Glaze:
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
For Sheet Pan Dinner:
- 4 to 6 large chicken drumsticks, bone-in, skin-on
- 4 large chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs brussels sprouts
- 2 to 3 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 6 slices smoked bacon
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 425F/218C. Prepare the maple Dijon glaze first. In a large measuring cup or mixing bowl, combine the pure maple syrup, mustard, olive oil, thyme, salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Use a whisk or fork and stir until the mixture is uniform.
- Arrange the chicken in a large mixing bowl or casserole dish. Pour just half of the prepared glaze over the top and rotate the chicken until it’s well coated all over. Cover the chicken and set it into the refrigerator to chill. This step can also done the day before.
- Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into 1-inch chunks. Clean and then halve the brussels sprouts. Thinly slice the shallots. Dice the smoked bacon.
- Place the sweet potatoes, sprouts, bacon bits and shallots into a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining maple glaze and toss the vegetables together until they’re well coated. Spread the vegetables onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicon mat.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and arrange it over the top of the prepared vegetables. Use a pastry brush to brush on any remaining glaze onto the chicken. Sprinkle the remaining fresh thyme over the top.
- Roast the chicken, uncovered, in the preheated oven for about 40 to 45 minutes, until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165F/74C. Remove the chicken from the oven and let it cool for about 10minutes before serving.