This easy, 30-minute chicken dinner recipe is a family favorite! Creamy coconut mango chicken curry recipe with juicy chicken, sweet mango and a warming curry sauce! I love to enjoy this chicken curry with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and fresh cilantro over a bed of white rice. Not only is this chicken recipe delicious, it’s also so aromatic and warming! You’ll fall in love with this Thai curry recipe from the very first bite! We tried this dish for the first time many years ago at a local Thai restaurant and we’ve been enjoying it at home ever since!
Watch My Video!
Watch my YouTube video recipe for step-by-step instructions and see how I make this dish! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Preparing the Chicken Thigh
My mango chicken curry recipe is so easy to make, you’ll have dinner ready in 30 minutes! I always start with the chicken first. For my video recipe, I used cubed chicken breast. You can also use cubed chicken thigh, or even bone-in chicken thigh for this recipe. Brown the chicken all over in a large frying pan until it’s golden brown and season it lightly with salt. The chicken doesn’t need to be fulling cooked at this stage! It will finish cooking in the aromatic and creamy coconut curry sauce.
If you want to use bone-in chicken thigh or even drumsticks, season the chicken with salt and then brown it on both sides. Once you have the sauce done, return the chicken to the pan and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
Making the Mango Curry Sauce
What really makes this incredible chicken dinner recipe shine is the creamy and aromatic coconut mango curry sauce! The sauce is everything!
- To make the sauce, I first sauté an onion in butter, then I add the garlic, curry powder, paprika and flour. Using salted butter makes all the difference because it adds so much great flavor! The curry powder I use is not too spicy, which is great because I can add more of it without making the dish too spicy! (affiliate link)
- Slowly add in the chicken broth and then add in the coconut milk. I used a full-fat, creamy coconut milk for this recipe! It makes the sauce more rich and more delicious!
- I let the sauce come up to a simmer over medium heat and then add the mango and chicken. You’ll love the mango chunks in this recipe! The mango adds a little bit of sweetness but it’s not overwhelming, and it perfectly complements the chicken.
- I continue to cook the sauce over medium-low heat until the mango is softened and the chicken finishes cooking. I also like to add some fresh cilantro at the very end for freshness!
Chicken Curry Serving Suggestions
Once the mango chicken curry is all done cooking, it’s time to enjoy it! I love to serve this chicken dinner recipe with steamed white rice on the side. You can also enjoy it with steamed brown rice. I spoon the curry on the side of the dish, so I have fresh white rice on the other side. Always serve this dish with fresh lime wedges and more chopped cilantro. If you like hot foods, add some sliced chilis on the top, too!
Freshly squeezed lime juice is a MUST for this recipe! The juice adds so much freshness to this dish and really brightens it up!
Enjoyed this delicious, 30-minute chicken recipe? Check out some of my other easy dinner recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps – you’ll love these wraps with juicy chicken and veggies, plus a delicious peanut dipping sauce!
- Asian Chicken Salad – my FAVORITE Asian salad with juicy teriyaki chicken breast, loads of delicious veggies and crispy wonton strips! Plus, easy sesame dressing!
- Easy Potato Chicken Casserole – easily one of the best chicken dinner recipes! Have this casserole in the oven in 10 minutes and a delicious dinner in no time!
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry – the one and only recipe for stir-fry that I use, with the best, homemade teriyaki sauce!
- One-Pot Pepper & Chicken Rice – aromatic and delicious pepper and smoked paprika rice with bone-in juicy chicken!
Share it on Pinterest!
Mango Chicken Curry Recipe (video)
- 2 pounds cubed chicken breast or chicken thigh
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 to 6 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric, optional
- 1 ½ tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup chopped mango, about 1 to 2 mangos
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 6 cups Steamed white rice
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 large mango, sliced
- 4 to 5 limes, sliced
- Green or red chilis, if desired
- Begin by preparing the rice. I used 2 cups of long-grain basmati rice. Cook the rice while preparing the chicken curry.
- Preheat a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of cooking oil to the pan. Once the pan is hot, add half the chopped chicken and season it with salt. Fry the chicken for 6 to 7 minutes, until nicely browned all over. Remove the browned chicken into a clean bowl, set aside and finish frying the remaining chicken. Cook the chicken in batches so you don’t overcrowd the pan.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, reduce the heat to medium and the butter. Allow the butter to melt, then add the diced onion. Saute the onion for about 4 minutes, until it’s softened and translucent. Add the minced garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Add the curry powder and paprika next and cook for another 30 seconds. Add the flour next and cook again for about 30 seconds.
- Slowly begin adding the chicken broth, whisking it into the pan. Next, add in the coconut milk and season the sauce with salt. Return the chicken to the pan and add the chopped mango. Bring the sauce up to a simmer over medium heat, then reduce the heat to low and continue to simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, until the mango is softened, and the chicken has finished cooking.
- If using bone-in chicken thigh or drumsticks, cook the chicken in the curry sauce for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked and at 165F.
- Once the sauce is done simmering, remove it from the heat and add ¼ cup chopped cilantro.
- For serving, add white rice on one side of a dinner bowl and spoon the mango chicken curry onto the other side. Garnish the top with more cilantro, sliced fresh mango and chilis, if desired.
- Squeeze about half of a lime onto each serving; add more if the limes don’t have too much juice.