Cold fall and winter nights are here and nothing beats a warming bowl of soup for this time of year! And what better way to warm up than with a bowl of chili! This three-bean beef chili is the perfect recipe that will satisfy all your cravings. I love this simple and delicious recipes! This chili has the perfect balance of flavors and textures – not too spicy and just the right amount of beans, beef and tomato! Also, check out my new ‘Smoky Chipotle Beef Chili’ recipe, too!
Watch My Chili Video Tutorial
Watch my video for step-by-step instructions on how to make this delicious beef chili! Plus, tips and tricks to make the best soup ever! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
The Best Bean Chili Recipe!
You’ll love everything about this easy and delicious chili recipe! I start with a simple base of ground beef, onion, pepper and tomato sauce. Then, I add in all my favorite chili spices: cumin, chili powder and paprika. For even more incredible flavor, I also like to add a bit of Worcestershire sauce – it adds a little something extra to the dish! And then, it’s time for the beans! I used one medium can of each: black beans, pinto beans and cannellini beans. Feel free to switch up the bean varieties and add your favorite! In my video recipe, I used 8 cups of broth for a thinner soup. If you like your chili on the thicker side, reduce that amount to 5 or 6 cups.
All the Chili Toppings!
I always enjoy this beef and bean chili loaded with extra toppings such as cheddar cheese, sliced peppers and diced avocado! Also, try adding some sweet corn for texture and flavor, along with crushed tortilla chips. I also like to have extra chips on the side to enjoy with the soup. If you want a nice, refreshing flavor twist, add a squeeze of lime juice over the top.
Looking for more hearty and warming recipes? Check out some of these other recipe on my website you’re sure to enjoy!
- Smoky Chipotle Chili – warming and hearty chili with loads of beef and smoky chipotle peppers!
- Italian Minestrone Soup – the best recipe for classic Italian Minestrone with hearty Italian sausage, zucchini, pasta, beans and more!
- Maple & Bacon Turkey Chili – the ultimate comfort food! Ground turkey chili with beans, bacon, corn, maple syrup, and maple bacon bits for topping!
- Ukrainian Stewed Beef & Potatoes – a favorite Slavic recipe that’s packed with flavor!
- The BEST Beef Stew – seriously amazing beef stew recipe with slow-braised beef and veggies!
Share it on Pinterest!
3-Bean Beef Chili Recipe (video)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH: ground cumin, dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 extra-large onion, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 to 8 cups beef broth
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Marsala cooking wine
- 15 ounce can black beans
- 16 ounce can pinto beans
- 15 ounce can cannellini beans
- salt to taste
- Cheddar cheese, avocado, corn
- green onion, spicy peppers, tortilla chips
- Preheat a large frying pan and add the butter/olive oil. Once oil is hot, add the ground beef. Break apart the beef into small pieces, season generously with salt and fry until browned all over. Add the spices: chili powder, ground cumin, tarragon and smoked paprika. Cook for 1 minute, then remove the ground beef into a clean bowl.
- Into the same pan, add the diced onion, pepper and garlic. Saute for 4 to 5 minutes until the onion is translucent and tender; set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the beef broth in a large soup pot. Add less broth for a thicker chili. Once the broth comes to a boil, add the ground beef, onion-pepper mixture, Worcestershire, Marsala cooking wine, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Bring the soup back up to a simmer and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, allowing the flavors to develop.
- Drain the canned beans first, then add to the soup. Season soup to taste with salt, then simmer for another 10 minutes.
- When serving, top the soup with grated cheddar cheese, corn, diced avocado, diced green onion, sliced jalapeno or chili peppers and tortilla chips.