If you’re looking for a delicious and ‘fancy’ appetizer for your next dinner party or gathering, look no further! This guacamole and steak crostini recipe is perfect for any occasion! These steak bites are made with toasted baguette topped with creamy guacamole, topped with tender and juicy steak and steak sauce. They’re super easy to make and your guests will be extra impressed! This beef appetizer recipe is easy to scale up if you need more servings!
Ingredients for Steak Crostini
Here are the main ingredients you’ll need to make these guacamole and steak crostini:
- Steak: I really enjoy ribeye steak or filet mignon for this recipe since the meat is extra tender and it will be easier to eat the appetizer.
- Bread: You can use a variety of breads such as French baguette, classic white bread, or even brioche bread! Mini burger buns or slider buns will also work!
- Steak Sauce: use your favorite steak sauce as a seasoning for the steak.
- Guacamole: you can use store-bought guacamole, or make a batch of homemade guacamole; recipe below!
- Crème Fraiche: add a little dollop of cream on top for a creamy element. This is optional but so good!
Preparing the Steak
The star of this beef appetizer is most definitely the steak! Each steak bite is topped with a juicy slice of steak and garnished with crème fraiche and steak sauce.
- For this recipe, I recommend using only ribeye steak or filet mignon steak; the more tender the meat, the better! I like to use my ‘Ribeye Steak Recipe’, preparing the steak with balsamic vinegar, herbs and garlic. This recipe makes for the most delicious steak!
- Once you have the steak prepared, allow it to rest for about 5 minutes. Next, trim off the fatty parts and slice the steak into thin slices that would fit easily on top of each crostini slice. Don’t make the cuts too big! These crostini need to be two-biters!
How to Make Guacamole & Steak Crostini
Here’s how to make these easy steak crostini:
- First, prepare the steak. While you’re preparing the steak, you can also prepare the bread or base for these steak crostini. I typically make these with thinly sliced and toasted rustic baguette. The thin and crispy bread goes so well with the toppings.
- Just slice the baguette into 1/3-inch slices and place onto a baking pan. Brush the top of each slice lightly with olive oil and then broiler for a few minutes. It’s the fastest way to toast a large amount of bread! If you want to use slider buns, use just one-half for each appetizer.
- My steak crostini are so delicious when enjoyed with guacamole! Once I have the steak done and the bread toasted, I spread a generous amount of homemade guacamole onto each slice. You can also use store bought, premade guacamole. And if you want even more flavor, try using my ‘Chimichurri Sauce’ in place of the guacamole for a flavor explosion!
- Add the sliced steak on top of the guacamole and, if desired, add a tiny dollop of crème fraiche on top. You’ll love the creamy flavor. And for the finishing touch, I like to drizzle my favorite steak sauce over each steak crostini.
- Garnish the top with micro greens for a pop of color and enjoy!
Homemade Guacamole Recipe
My favorite guacamole recipe that I use for everything! Simply combine these ingredients in a large bowl and then use a potato masher or two large forks and press the avocado into a puree. You can also use a molcajete and pestle. Here’s the easy recipe I use:
- 2 to 3 large, ripe avocados
- 1 medium shallot, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 to 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise or sour cream; optional
Enjoyed this recipe? Check out some of my other tea sandwich and crostini recipes! This recipe is part of my ‘5 Easy Crostini Recipes‘ series!
- Smoked Salmon Tea Sandwiches – a classic tea sandwich with smoked salmon, creamy cheese and cucumbers! Always a favorite!
- Fig & Prosciutto Crostini – one of my all-time favorites, especially with fresh figs! You’ll love the salty prosciutto with the sweet figs!
- Club Tea Sandwiches – a classic combination of ham, salami and cheese, these appetizers are always a hit!
- Chanterelle Crostini – another one of my seasonal favorites, these are made with pan-fried chanterelles, creamy cheese and honey!
- Filet Mignon Steak Dinner – learn how to make the BEST filet mignon dinner with parmesan potatoes and mushrooms!
Share it on Pinterest!
Easy Guacamole & Steak Crostini Recipe
- 1/2 large, thin baguette
- 1 ribeye steak, prepared as desired
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 2 tbsp steak sauce
- 2 tbsp crème fraiche, optional
- microgreens, for garnish
- Prepare the steak first. I recommend using prime steak cuts such as ribeye or filet mignon; if the steak isn't soft enough, it will be harder to enjoy. Once the steak is done, allow it to rest for 5 minutes. Using a sharp knife, cut away any fatty pieces and cut the steak into small, thin pieces that fit easily on top of the bread.
- Prepare the baguette. While the steak is resting, it's the perfect time to prepare the crostini. Brush the sliced bread lightly with olive oil and toast until golden brown. Add the guacamole. You can make a batch of homemade guacamole using my recipe in the post above or use store-bought. Both are great options!
- Top each crostini with the sliced steak. Add the garnishes! I like to drizzle my favorite steak sauce over the top of each steak crostini and add a tiny dollop of crème fraiche. You can also add micro greens. Enjoy it warm! This appetizer is best served warm. If needed, keep it warm in the oven until you're ready to enjoy!