You guys are going to love this savory breakfast recipe! These stuffed crepes have all the flavors of a lox bagel but with crepes! My smoked salmon savory crepes are filled with sour cream, smoked salmon and creamy avocado and topped with all the lox toppings: dill, chives, capers, shallots and eggs. These breakfast crepes are so delicious and easy to make – I use an easy blender crepe recipe for the these, too! Make the crepes the night before to enjoy these even on a work day! Also, try setting up a brunch bar with all the toppings for custom stuffed crepes!
Watch My Crepe Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions for making these incredible stuffed crepes! *Please note: I forgot to add the butter in my video recipe; included in the ingredient list below!* Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How to Make Savory Crepes
Savory breakfast crepes are just as easy to make as sweet crepes, just without the sugar. I like to add a bit of fresh dill to give these crepes even more flavor! I always use my easy blender crepe recipe for sweet and savory crepes for best results!
- If you don’t have a blender or a food processor, the recipe will work well with a whisk, too. Just make sure to have the eggs and milk at room temperature; the batter will be smoother!
- For the blender crepes, just place all the ingredients into the blender and mix for a few minutes. If using a whisk, first whisk together the eggs and milk for a few minutes until smooth, then gradually sift in the flour, mixing well after each addition.
- Make sure to use a hot, non-stick frying pan or crepe pan for best results. Watch my video recipe to see how I make my crepes!
Smoked Salmon Crepe Fillings
These stuffed crepes are all about the fillings!
- Before adding anything on top, I like to add a layer of sour cream or creme fraiche, which is less tangy than sour cream.
- Layer a generous amount of avocado and smoked salmon on top.
- Next, add all the toppings you enjoy in a smoked salmon bagel! I recommend finely chopping the toppings for best results. I like to use capers, dill, chives, hard boiled eggs, shallots and even a bit of lemon. Just a sprinkle of each of these toppings goes a long way, especially the capers and shallots!
- Don’t overload the crepe with too many toppings, otherwise you won’t be able to enjoy the flavor of the smoked salmon!
- Enjoy with extra sour cream or creme fraiche on the side.
Brunch Bar Serving Idea
If you’re having friends or family over for brunch, make sure to include this smoked salmon crepes recipe! The recipe makes a total of 18 to 20 crepes (depending on pan size) but can easily be doubled for a large crowd; I recommend at least 2 crepes per person. The crepes are also great to make ahead of time. Just let them cool to room temperature, then wrap them well in plastic or place into a ziplock bag and into the refrigerator. When ready to enjoy, just place onto a tray and reheat in the microwave for 1 minute, or in the oven at 400F for 5 to 6 minutes. Finely chop all the ingredients (can also be done the night before!) and arrange them in small serving bowls with a spoon for each topping. Now, guests can make their own smoked salmon stuffed crepes! These savory crepes can be served with sliced cucumbers and tomatoes on the side.
Enjoyed this breakfast recipe? Check out some of my other favorites!
- Smoked Salmon Frittata – easy frittata recipe with salmon, avocado, cheese and fresh herbs!
- Smoky Bacon & Cheese Quiche – cheesy and aromatic quiche with BACON!
- Breakfast Croissant Sandwich – the ultimate breakfast sandwich with bacon, cheese and avocado!
- The BEST French Toast – the only recipe you need to make the best French toast!
- Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict – the BEST ever recipe for eggs benedict!
Share it on Pinterest!
Smoked Salmon Crepes Recipe (video)
For Savory Crepes:
- 2 cups whole milk
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp finely chopped dill
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 to 12 oz thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 1 cup sour cream or creme fraiche
- 2 hard boiled eggs, finely diced
- 2 tbsp capers, finely diced
- 1 large shallot, finely diced
- 2 to 3 tbsp finely chopped dill
- 2 to 3 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 to 2 large avocados, sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Prepare the crepes first. Place all the ingredients for the crepes into a blender and mix for 2 to 3 minutes, until the batter is smooth and clump free. This recipe will also work with a whisk; make sure to have the eggs and milk at room temperature for a smoother batter. First, whisk together the milk and eggs for 2 to 3 minutes until smooth, then add the salt, butter and dill and whisk again for 1 minute. Sift the flour into the batter and whisk for a few minutes more until the batter is completely smooth and clump free.
- Preheat a large non-stick frying pan or a crepe pan over medium high heat. Use 1/4 cup (60ml) of batter per crepe. Pour the crepe batter into the center of the preheated pan and tilt the pan around until the batter is spread evenly. Cook for approximately 1 minute on the first side, until the crepe is matte and the edges are starting to turn golden. Run a rubber spatula underneath the crepe and turn it over. Cook on the other side for about 30 seconds, then transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely. Watch my video recipe to see how it's done!
- To assemble the crepes, first spread a generous amount of sour cream onto the crepe, then sprinkle a little bit of toppings over the sour cream. Feel free to use your favorite toppings; a little bit goes a long way, especially the capers and shallots. Top with sliced avocado (if desired) and several pieces of smoked salmon. Fold the crepes into quarters and serve with more sour cream or creme fraiche on the side. Check out my website post to see how to set up brunch bar for this recipe!