Fall is in full swing and that means my kitchen smells amazing at all times! I love fall baking and my favorite dessert to make is apple pie! For this amazing apple tart recipe, I’m adding all the flavors of the classic apple pie and creating the most beautiful apple arrangement on top! This tart is so aromatic and delicious, made with butter pie crust, apple butter and loads of seasoned apples. It really is the best apple pie tart recipe! Try this recipe with my ‘Homemade Apple Butter’ recipe, too!
Watch My Video
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe updates? Make sure you’re subscribed to my YouTube channel! You’ll get a notification every time a new recipe goes live!
How To Make Tart Crust
Besides the filling, the most important part of any pie or tart is the crust of course! Making the perfect all-butter pie crust can make or break any tart recipe. For my apple tart recipe, I make my crust with 100% butter because it makes the crust extra flaky and flavorful. Here are a few tips for making the perfect pie crust!
- Use COLD butter! This is super important, otherwise the dough will not turn out well. I cut my butter into small cubes, place it into the freezer for 30 minutes until it’s super cold.
- Handle the butter and dough minimally. Use a food processor for breaking the butter into the flour. Avoid touching the dough unless necessary. The heat from your hands will soften the dough.
- Let the dough rest and chill! Once you have the dough ready, wrap it well and place it into the fridge for a good hour. This will allow the butter to chill and the dough to rest. Unrested dough will be hard to roll out and it will shrink in the oven while baking.
The Best Apple Pie Filling!
There’s something very special and nostalgic about apple pie! The aroma is simply mouth-watering! For this apple tart, I wanted to incorporate those incredible flavors, in a concentrated form. I add pecan apple butter, which is like pureed apple pie filling in a jar. Apple butter is seasoned with all the spices, too!
For the sliced apple arrangement on top, I cut the apples as thinly as possible. The thinner, the more intricate you can make the design. Try using a mandolin cutter for best results. And don’t forget the topping! I add more sugar and spices over the apple design to pack even more flavor into every bite!
Try this recipe with my ‘Homemade Apple Butter’ recipe! It’s super easy and delicious!
Looking for more fall baking recipes? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Cranberry Apple Crisp – the easiest apple recipe with crispy and crumble oat, almond and cranberry topping!
- Caramel Apple Cake – super easy and so delicious! With caramel cake, diced apples, apple butter and whipped cream!
- This ‘Maple Pecan Apple Pie Cake’ is filled with apple pie filling and the best frosting!
- Caramel Apple Pie Cheesecake – the best caramel cheesecake with apple pie filling topping!
- Easy Apple Fritters – these easy apple donuts are glazed with a cinnamon glaze
Enjoyed this recipe? Save it to Pinterest for later!