One of the most delicious fall dessert recipes! My caramel cheesecake with apple pie filling, homemade caramel sauce and whipped cream is so delicious! You’ll love the combination of fluffy caramel cheesecake with the spicy apple topping. Enjoy this fall dessert all season long and add it to your Thanksgiving recipe list!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video for step-by-step instructions and to get more tips! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How to Make Caramel Cheesecake
I love caramel and I love cheesecake, so this recipe was a perfect match! For this recipe, I went with a combination of cream cheese and ricotta cheese. The ricotta cheese makes the cheesecake extra fluffy so it’s not too dense yet still creamy and delicious! To add the caramel flavor, I added an entire can of dulce de leche. Dulce de leche is a thick caramel made from sweetened condensed milk. If you have trouble finding this product in stores, just use my ‘Homemade Caramel Sauce’ recipe instead!
Here are a few tips for making a great cheesecake:
- Beat the cream cheese by itself for a good 7 to 9 minutes, scraping down the sides of your mixing bowl often. The cream cheese needs to be very smooth, fluffy and clump free!
- Use the water bath method: for this method, wrap your springform tightly with foil and place onto a large baking dish and add about an inch of water. The extra moisture in the oven will keep the cheesecake level and prevent cracking.
- To avoid cracks, cool the cheesecake slowly. After baking, turn the oven off and leave it cracked open a few inches. Allow the cheesecake to cool for about 1 hour in the oven, then for a few hours at room temperature, then chill in the refrigerator overnight.
Apple Pie Filling
This caramel apple pie cheesecake is topped with the most delicious apple pie filling! It’s super easy to make, too! For the filling, I recommend using firm and sweet apples; softer apples will turn to mush when cooked. Although most apple pie filling recipes call for brown sugar, I like to use white sugar only. This allows the apples to cook for longer without burning, creating a true caramel apple sauce!
For topping and serving the cheesecake, I went with my homemade caramel sauce and a simple whipped cream! You can get the recipe for my caramel sauce HERE and watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions.
Looking for more delicious fall dessert recipes? Check out some of these great recipes:
- Delicious Apple Tart – you’ll love everything about this easy, beautiful and delicious tart recipe!
- No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake – one of my favorite no-bake cheesecake recipes! So delicious!
- Caramel Pecan Pumpkin Cake – the most delicious pumpkin cake with salted caramel buttercream!
- Easy Caramel Apple Cake – the most delicious apple cake with caramel cake batter, apple butter and whipped cream!
Enjoyed this recipe? Share it on Pinterest!