The best magic cookie bars recipe! If you’ve never had these chocolate coconut cookie bars, you’re in for a treat! They’re scrumptious, goo-y and oh-so delicious! These 5-layer cookie bars are made with a graham cracker crust then topped with loads of chocolate, coconut, chopped nuts and sweetened condensed milk. They’re also ridiculously easy to make and you’ll have them ready in no time!
Watch My Cookie Video!
Watch my YouTube video recipe for step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Ingredients for Coconut Cookies
These incredible cookie bars are made with just a few ingredients! You’ll need graham crackers and butter for the crust. If desired, try adding sugar and nutmeg to the crust for more flavor. For the topping, you’ll need milk and white chocolate chips, coconut flakes, chopped pecans, and sweetened condensed milk.
How to Make Magic Cookie Bars
You’ll love how incredibly easy these coconut cookies are to make! You can have this recipe in the oven in 10 minutes!
- I start these magic cookie bars with a base of graham cracker crumbs pressed firmly into the bottom to create a crust. The easiest way to prepare the crumbs is place whole graham crackers into a food processor and pulse them until fine crumbs form.
- Next, add in the melted butter and sugar and mix again until the crumbs are well coated. Press the crumbs into the bottom of a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Once you have the crust ready, it’s time for all the toppings! Start by spreading 1 cup of the chocolate chips evenly over the crust.
- Next, pour over the sweetened condensed milk. The milk will help bind everything together!
- Next, layer on the sweetened grated coconut and more dark and white chocolate chips! I also like to add some chopped pecans for even more flavor! And that’s it!
- Once you have the layers done, the magic cookie bars are ready for the oven! Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, then let the bars cool before enjoying!
Family Favorite Cookie Recipe!
This coconut cookie bar recipe has been around for quite some time and everyone puts their own twist on the recipe! We’ve had this popular version in our family for many years and it never gets old! My younger siblings still make it at mom’s house! I like to enjoy them while they’re still warm and the chocolate is melted with a cup of cold milk or coffee! When you’re making this recipe at home, allow the bars to cool down a bit before slicing into them and enjoying; the chocolate gets super heated!
Enjoyed this coconut cookie recipe? Make sure to check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Chocolate Coconut Macaroons – these classic cookies require just a few ingredients and they’re so easy to make!
- Classic Peanut Butter Cookies – soft and chewy peanut butter cookies! This classic recipe is a keeper!
- Chocolate Chip Macadamia Cookies – my all-time favorite recipe with chopped nuts, white chocolate and toffee!
- Mom’s Old-Fashioned Spritz Butter Cookies – the richest and softest spritz cookies! Garnish with sprinkles, chocolate, or nuts!
Share it on Pinterest!
Coconut Magic Cookie Bars (video)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- sprinkle of ground nutmeg
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 10 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, such as pecans or macadamia
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a small square pan (I used a 13×9-inch pan) with parchment paper and set aside. In small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar; stir until well combined. Alternatively, place whole graham crackers into a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form. Add in the melted butter and sugar and pulse again for about 30 seconds, until the crumbs are well-coated. Use the back of your hands or a potato masher to press the mixture into the bottom of the pan, creating an even layer.
- Sprinkle the graham cracker layer with 1 cup of the milk chocolate chips. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the chocolate chips evenly and follow with the grated coconut. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips and chopped nuts on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20- 25 minutes until top turns golden brown and sets. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and let it cool completely before removing from pan; use the parchment paper to help lift the cookie sheet from the pan. Use a sharp knife to cut the sheet into squares.