Easy, aromatic and so delicious – my lemon poppy seed bundt cake is a must-try! This lemon cake is so luscious, incredibly moist and loaded with amazing lemon flavor from lemon zest and lemon oil. Every bite literally melts in your mouth! I add a simple sugar glaze finish and garnish the top with extra lemons! If you’re looking for a simple and delicious cake recipe, this is the one! Try serving it with a dollop of my ‘Home-Made Lemon Curd’ for some extra lemon flavor!
Watch My Video!
Watch my YouTube video recipe here for all the sweet details and step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Perfect with Coffee!
I cannot say enough about this incredible cake! My lemon poppy seed cake is one of my favorite treats to enjoy with a cup of coffee! It’s one of those cakes that you can enjoy all week long. I like to keep mine on a tray wrapped with plastic and reheat a slice in the morning. This cake is so good when enjoyed warm!
Secret tip for the Best Bundt Cake!
My secret to creating the most incredible bundt cake? Two ingredients: butter and chocolate! These two combined together create an unforgettable cake. For this recipe, I used melted white chocolate to add extra moisture to the cake. If you’re concerned about the sweetness, you can reduce the amount of sugar from 1 cup to 3/4 cup or even 1/2 cup.
This bundt cake recipe would also work beautifully as a layered cake using two, 8-inch cake pans. You can also make lemon poppy seed muffins using this recipe! Line a 12-count muffin pan, drop liners into each cups and fill with the cake batter to the top. Bake for 25 to 28 minutes and add the sugar glaze once you remove the muffins from the oven!
- Make sure to try my ‘Lemon Meringue Cake’ from my cake cookbook, ‘The European Cake Cookbook’!
- Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake – with juicy blueberries, lemon zest and a lemon glaze!
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins – these easy breakfast muffins are so delicious and aromatic, with a simple glaze!
- Lemon Raspberry Cake – delicate lemon and berry cake layers frosted with a creamy, cream cheese frosting!
- Lemon Pound Cake – super easy, delicious and extra lemony cake with lemon glaze; perfect with a cup of coffee!
Enjoyed this recipe? Share and save it to Pinterest!
Easy Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake Recipe (video)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon oil, or 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup milk, lukewarm
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- lemons, blueberries, mint leaves, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 340-350F, less if you know that your oven typically browns foods quickly. Butter and flour or spray a 9-inch round bundt pan; set aside.
- Prepare the cake batter. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla extract and lemon oil and beat again until creamy. Heat the milk until lukewarm, then add to the batter and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt and poppy seeds. Add the dry ingredients into the batter and whisk by hand until just combined. Zest 1 large lemon right into the batter and fold in gently.
- Melt the 1 cup white chocolate chips in microwave or over double boiler. Add smooth, melted chocolate into the batter and fold gently. Spoon the cake batter into the prepared bundt pan and level off the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If you notice your cake browning on the top too quickly, turn oven temperature down. Once cake is baked, remove it from the oven and allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes. Then carefully invert the cake onto a cake stand/serving tray: place the tray upside down onto the pan and invert holding the pan and tray together.
- Allow the cake to cool. Meanwhile, prepare the sugar glaze. In a small bowl, combine the heavy cream and confectioner's sugar. Mix until smooth. Spoon the glaze over the cake, allowing it to run down the sides and into middle. Garnish the top with lemon slices, blueberries and mint leaves. Keep cake covered when not serving; best when kept at room temperature.