Korean flavors are all the buzz this year in the food community and these Korean Beef Tacos do not disappoint! I’ve partnered with Pompeian to bring you this delicious recipe because Pompeian knows that meal time isn’t just about fueling up! It’s about experimenting with the latest food trends and creating Instagram-worthy dishes. And this taco recipe is definitely Instagram-worthy! These tacos are made with creamy avocado, Korean barbeque flavored beef, crispy kimchi slaw and creamy pepper sauce. Every single bite is bursting with flavor!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for the step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Diving Into The Korean Cuisine
From my first time to a Korean BBQ restaurant, I fell in love with the food and culture of Korea. The flavors are intense, spicy and refreshing! The combination of flavors in these Korean Beef Tacos is amazing – I love how all the different components come together so well. I combined three different unique flavors into this recipe!
I like to start with a homemade Korean barbeque sauce. This sauce is similar to teriyaki sauce but with a twist – it’s made with either apple or pear juice, which gives it a unique sweetness. Next up, it’s the gochujang, a spicy fermented pepper sauce, for my creamy sauce. This pepper sauce has a unique flavor from the fermentation process and adds both spiciness and flavor! And last up, the kimchi. No Korean meal would be complete without this fermented cabbage salad. Adding sliced kimchi to the cabbage slaw takes the slaw from boring to extraordinary!
Using Pompeian In My Kitchen
I love using Pompeian’s wide range of products in my kitchen – from their oils and vinegars, to their cooking sprays and cooking wines. For my Korean Beef Tacos, I use Pompeian 100% Grapeseed Oil, imported from France. It’s all-natural, has a delicate taste and a high smoking point, which means it’s perfect for browning the beef for this recipe.
Sponsored by Pompeian
Thanks to Pompeian’s ongoing commitment to quality and innovation, home cooks can depend on Pompeian’s high-quality olive oils and vinegars as a great-tasting base while exploring new flavors and ingredients. All Pompeian Olive Oils and Organic Vinegars are made in compliance with the Non-GMO Project Verified Standard and bear the Non-GMO Project Verified Seal. For tips on how to trend in the kitchen, including recipes, visit Instagram.com/Pompeian. To share your latest on-trend creations using Pompeian, tag your photos with #TrendingintheKitchen.
Visit the Pompeian website for more recipes and information: http://pompeian.com/
Want more taco recipes? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Try these amazing ‘Fish Tacos’ – made with a sweet mango salsa!
- Mango Shrimp Tacos – amazing, juicy shrimp with mango and avocado!
- Next, try these amazing ‘California Street Style Pork & Peach Tacos’ – soo good!
Enjoyed this recipe? Share and save it to Pinterest!
Korean Beef Tacos Recipe (video)
- 2 pounds beef tri-tip
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup apple or pear juice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tbsp ginger puree
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- 2 to 3 tbsp Pompeian 100% Grapeseed Oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
For Creamy Pepper Sauce:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp gochujang - fermented pepper sauce
- Juice from 1 lime
For Kimchi Slaw:
- ½ cup packed kimchi
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 ½ cups shredded cabbage
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 green onion, sliced
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp prepared ‘Creamy Pepper Sauce’
- 20-25 extra-small corn tortillas
- 2 large avocados, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, for topping
- 3 green onions, chopped, for topping
- 2 limes
- Jalapeno or chili peppers, sliced; for topping
- Prepare the Korean barbeque sauce first. In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients needed for the sauce: soy sauce, apple juice, sesame seed oil, rice vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and sesame seeds. Whisk all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, trim the beef tri-tip of excess fat and slice the meat with the grain into thin slices, about 1 ½-inches in length.
- Preheat a large frying pan over high heat and add the Pompeian 100% Grapeseed Oil. Once the oil is hot, add the beef. Season the beef with salt and fry over high heat until well browned all over, about 5 to 7 minutes. If needed, split the beef in half and fry just half at a time to avoid crowding the pan. Pour the Korean barbeque sauce over the beef and bring to a simmer. Simmer for a few minutes, then add the cornstarch slurry. Combine the cornstarch and water in a small ramekin and stir together, then add. This will thicken the sauce and help it stick to the beef better. Remove the beef from heat and keep warm.
- For the creamy pepper sauce, combine the necessary ingredients in a bowl: mayonnaise, yogurt, fermented pepper sauce and lime juice. Mix everything together and transfer into a dispenser bottle if desired.
- For the kimchi slaw, combine the cabbage, carrots, cilantro, green onion and sauce in a medium bowl. Finely slice the kimchi and add it to the bowl. Toss all the ingredients together.
- To assemble the tacos, first toast the tortilla, if desired. Top each tortilla with a slice of avocado, followed by 4 to 6 pieces of beef, a few tablespoons of kimchi slaw, a sprinkle of cilantro and green onion and a drizzle of creamy pepper sauce. Finish the tacos with a squeeze of fresh lime juice. For best results, keep all the components separate and put the tacos together right before enjoying.