There’s something so special about the combination of chocolate and orange. This rich and mouthwatering chocolate orange cheesecake captures that beautiful flavor combo! This chocolate cheesecake recipe yields the fluffiest and most incredible orange cheesecake you’ve ever tried! And the orange-flavored whipped cream on top really finishes things off with flair!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for my step-by-step instructions! Want to receive updates whenever a new recipe goes live?? Make sure you’re subscribed to my YouTube channel!
Chocolate And Orange!
This chocolate orange cheesecake is packed with so much incredible flavor! I add semi-sweet chocolate, cocoa powder and coffee to the batter, making the cake rich and chocolate-y! Adding different types of chocolate makes the flavor that much better and gives the cake a deep, brown color.
And I could call this a triple orange cheesecake with all the orange flavor that’s in this cake recipe! I add orange marmalade, orange candy oil and orange zest! So much orange blended with rich chocolate is beyond delicious! And let’s not forget about the fluffy orange whipped cream on top! I have that recipe down below!
My Secret To For A Fluffy Cheesecake!
I’m sure everyone has had one of those cheesecakes – it looks incredible but after one bite, you’re done! This cheesecake recipe is nothing like that! My secret to making the fluffiest cheesecake ever is whole milk ricotta. Adding this creamy cheese along with cream cheese makes this chocolate cheesecake rich yet enjoyable!
Enjoyed this rich and decadent cheesecake? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Chocolate Orange Cake Bars – super easy and delicious bars with orange marmalade and ganache!
- Upside-Down Orange Cake – delicious honey orange cake with whipped cream!
- Triple Chocolate Cheesecake – triple layered cake with dark, milk and white chocolate!
- Orange Marmalade Cake – delicate orange cake with orange frosting and chocolate ganache!
- German Chocolate Cheesecake – rich and velvety smooth chocolate cheesecake with coconut!
Enjoyed this recipe? Save it to Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
This 9-inch spring form pan is perfect for cheesecakes!
I love my classic CuisinArt food processor – simple, strong and gets the job done!
Use this KitchenAid stand mixer, or their handheld mixer.
And finish the cheesecake off with whipped cream using these jumbo cake decorating tips.
Chocolate Orange Cheesecake Recipe (video)
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate graham crackers, about 10 crackers
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 24 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 tsp orange oil
- zest from 1 large orange
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
For Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- zest from 1 large orange
- 1 sliced orange, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Double wrap the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan with aluminum foil. Prepare a large baking sheet for the water bath; the spring form pan needs to fit comfortably.
- Prepare the chocolate crust first. Place the crackers into a food processor and pulse for a few minutes, until the cookies are broken down into crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse again until the crumbs are well coated. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the spring form pan, creating a firm crust.
- For the chocolate batter: place the softened cream cheese and ricotta cheese into a large mixing bowl. Mix on medium-high speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl often, for 5 to 6 minutes, until the mixture is creamy. Next, add the melted chocolate, cocoa, vanilla, and sugar. Combine the instant coffee and boiling water in a small ramekin, then add to the batter. Beat on medium speed for a few minutes, until the mixture is uniform.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix for a few seconds after each addition. Add the orange marmalade, orange oil and orange zest. Mix for about a minute, just until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the chocolate cheesecake batter over the crust and level off the top with a spatula. Place the spring form pan into baking sheet and add enough water to the baking sheet to cover the bottom and go up the sides, about 1/2-inch.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours, until the edges are well set and the center is just slightly wobbly. Once the cheesecake is done baking, open the oven door a few inches and allow the cake to cool for an hour. Cool completely at room temperature, then refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, transfer the cake onto a cake stand (check out my video to see how it's done!). Prepare the orange whipped cream. Place the chilled heavy cream, confectioner's sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Whisk on high speed for 3 to 4 minutes, until stiff peaks form. Add the orange zest and whisk again for a few seconds until it's well mixed.
- Pipe the whipped cream onto cheesecake; I used Ateco tip #847. Garnish the top with sliced oranges. If not serving right away, keep the oranges off the cake until ready to serve.