Every chef and home cook has a recipe for this iconic and delicious salad – balsamic beet salad with goat cheese. This simple and elegant salad is around for a good reason – it’s delicious, refreshing and packed with nutrition! I make my recipe with oven-roasted beets that are baked with olive oil, salt and herbs until tender. I also use a homemade balsamic dressing sweetened with honey. You’ll love the dressing!
Watch My Beet Salad Video Tutorial
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions for making this beet salad! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website email list and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Ingredients for a Beet Salad
Here’s what you’ll need to make this delicious salad with goat cheese!
- Oven-Roasted beets! I love to make my own roasted beets for this salad since they’re so easy to make. You can also use store bought, pre-cooked beets!
- Everything in California revolves around avocados; at least in our kitchen! To add more creaminess and flavor to this beet salad, I love to add some sliced avocado on top, along with the goat cheese.
- And for a bit of crunchiness, pecan halves. You can also use sweet and crunchy praline pecans for even more delicious flavor!
- Homemade Balsamic Dressing: this easy dressing is made with balsamic vinegar, honey, olive oil, salt and a touch of dried basil!
- Looking to add a bit of protein to this recipe? I love to add a bit of Italian marinated grilled chicken during the summer. In the fall and winter months, I like to enjoy this salad with herbed lamb chops or some juicy steak! Check out my recipe archives for some ideas!
How to Make Oven-Roasted Beets
I love to make my own roasted beets for this salad since they’re so easy to make. You can also use store bought, pre-cooked beets!
- If making your own, first reheat the oven to 375F.
- Cut off ends of beets but do not peel. Place onto a square of foil; drizzle top with olive oil, season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Wrap beet in foil and bake in preheated oven until fork tender. Timing depends on how big/small your vegetables are, anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes for extra large beets.
- Let the beets cool once they’re cooked, then peel and slice.
Enjoyed this delicious balsamic beet salad recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Garlicky Beet Crostini – another one of my favorites! Creamy roasted beet spread with garlic and dill, on toasted baguette with crumbled goat cheese!
- Next, try my Beet Potato Salad, a great alternative to the standard potato salad! http://tatyanaseverydayfood.com/recipe-items/vinaigrette/
- Arugula Beet Salad – you’ll love this easy beet salad with arugula, peppers, feta cheese, and avocado.
Balsamic Beet Salad with Goat Cheese (video)
For Oven-Roasted Beets:
- 1-2 large beets
- olive oil
- salt, black pepper, fresh thyme sprigs
For Sweet Balsamic Salad Dressing:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 large, ripe avocado
- oven-roasted beets
- 8-10 cups baby spinach or baby kale
- For this recipe, you can make your own oven-roasted beets or go with store-bought, pre-cooked beets. If making your own: preheat oven to 375F. Cut off ends of beets but do not peel. Place onto a square of foil; drizzle top with olive oil, season with salt, pepper and thyme. Wrap beet in foil and bake in preheated oven until fork tender. Timing depends on how big/small your vegetables are. Let the beets cool once they’re cooked, then peel and slice.
- For the balsamic dressing: place all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- To assemble the salad, spread a generous amount of spinach onto plate. Top with sliced beets, goat cheese, pecan halves, sliced beets and drizzle with prepared salad dressing.
- Enjoyed this recipe? Please consider leaving me a comment or rating review to help my blog!