Every chef and home cook has a recipe for this iconic and delicious salad – beet salad with goat cheese. This simple and elegant salad is around for a good reason – it’s delicious, refreshing and packed with nutrition! I make my recipe with oven-roasted beets that are baked with olive oil, salt and herbs until tender. I also make my own easy balsamic dressing sweetened with honey. You’ll love the dressing!
Everything in California revolves around avocados; at least in our kitchen! To add more creaminess and flavor to this beet salad, I love to add some sliced avocado on top. And for a bit of crunchiness, pecan halves. You can also use sweet and crunchy praline pecans for even more delicious flavor!
Looking to add a bit of protein to this recipe? I love to add a bit of Italian marinated grilled chicken during the summer. In the fall and winter months, I like to enjoy this salad with herbed lamb chops or some juicy steak! Check out my recipe archives for some ideas!
Watch my video recipe for a quick tip on how to roast your own beets!
Enjoyed this recipe? Please share and save it to Pinterest!
Next, try my Beet Potato Salad, a great alternative to the standard potato salad! https://tatyanaseverydayfood.com/recipe-items/vinaigrette/
Balsamic Beet Salad Recipe
For Oven-Roasted Beets:
- 1-2 large beets
- olive oil
- salt, black pepper, fresh thyme sprigs
For Sweet Balsamic Salad Dressing:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 large, ripe avocado
- sliced, cooked beets
- 8-10 cup baby spinach or baby kale
- For this recipe, you can make your own oven-roasted beets or go with store-bought, pre-cooked beets. If making your own: preheat oven to 375F. Cut off ends of beets but do not peel. Place onto a square of foil; drizzle top with olive oil, season with salt, pepper and thyme. Wrap beet in foil and bake in preheated oven until fork tender. Timing depends on how big/small your vegetables are. Let the beets cool once they're cooked, then peel and slice.
- For dressing: place all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- To assemble salad, spread a generous amount of greens onto plate. Top with sliced beets, goat cheese, pecan halves, sliced beets and drizzle with prepared salad dressing.