The warming aroma of blueberry, cinnamon and brown sugar baking in the oven is unbeatable. It’s the inspiration behind this incredible cake – my crumble-topped blueberry cake recipe! This berry cake has all those delicious flavors that I love about blueberry pie, in cake form, with blueberry whipped cream on top! Yep, you read that right – I add blueberry even to the whipped cream!
Want to receive new recipe updates? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications.
How It’s Made!
This blueberry cake is made with Greek yogurt and vegetable oil, making the crumb uber delicate, moist and tender. I add just a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg to the batter to add a warming flavor and aroma. This fluffy cake is dotted with tons of blueberries and of course that crumble topping. I make the topping with old-fashioned oats, diced pecans, brown sugar, butter and just a hint of cinnamon. The crumble topping is simply incredible! You’ll love the crunchiness that it adds to the cake!
The prep time for this blueberry cake is about 20 to 25 minutes! Super easy to make, no special tools required!
The Blueberry Whipped Cream
And, for my favorite part – the blueberry whipped cream topping! I just make a batch of whipped cream, then add blueberry preserves straight into the whipped cream. It’s that easy! And, it transforms this recipe! It adds a bit more sweetness and a whole lot of creaminess to every bite. If you love loads of whipped cream, consider making a double batch, because it might be gone quick!
I loved this frosting so much, I made a separate video recipe with raspberry! Check out my ‘Berry Whipped Cream Frosting’ and use it for any cake!
Enjoyed this easy berry cake recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- The Best Blueberry Lemon Cake – delicate blueberry lemon cake layers, plus lemon cream cheese frosting and lemon curd filling!
- Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake – you’ll love this zesty and fruit cake with a lemon glaze!
- Blueberry Lemon Loaf – this easy lemon and berry loaf is topped with a glaze. Perfect with coffee!
- Bakery-Style Blueberry Scones – my all-time favorite recipe, with double the blueberry flavor! Extra fluffy and buttery!
- Cinnamon Crumble Blueberry Muffins – the best blueberry muffins recipe, with tons of cinnamon flavor!
Enjoyed this recipe? Please share and save it to Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
This spring form pan is great for baking cakes and cheesecakes!
My handheld KitchenAid mixer gets the job done when I don’t want to use the big mixer.
You’ll love this set of jumbo cake decorating tips is perfect for decorating any cake!