This super easy pomegranate kale salad is seriously good! Crunchy kale and broccoli are tossed together with sweet apples and pomegranate seeds and dressed with a zesty champagne dressing. This broccoli salad is so bright and colorful and diverse in flavors and textures – every bite is packed with incredible flavor. I always make this easy salad recipe as a side dish for holidays, like Thanksgiving and Christmas, and for all my dinner parties! It’s always a hit! Plus, it keeps really well overnight so you can enjoy it the next day, too.
Watch My Video!
Make sure to watch my video recipe for tips and step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
The Perfect Side Salad!
This kale broccoli salad is my go-to for many meat dishes! It goes so well with holiday garlic turkey, oven-roasted whole duck, grilled steak, smoked ribs or even my garlic lamb chops. Serve it with a side of mashed potatoes, or my garlic baby potatoes. The flavor is not overwhelming and my guests always come back for seconds or even third helpings. It’s one of those salads that refreshes your palate and will have you asking for more. I always make a HUGE batch of this broccoli salad recipe for parties and on the rare occasion that I have some left over, I store this salad overnight in the fridge for the next day.
This kale salad is super easy to prepare ahead of time! When I’m planning my holiday menu, I usually make this side dish a day ahead of time and leave it undressed. Just dice, chop and place everything into a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate the salad until ready to add the dressing and toss to serve!
Want more side dish ideas for a dinner party or holiday? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Loaded Garlic & Bacon Potatoes – the ultimate potato side recipe loaded with bacon bits, garlic, fresh herbs and cheese!
- Garlic Pan-Seared Baby Potatoes – you’ll love these EASY baby potatoes pan-seared and tossed with fresh garlic!
- Cucumber Cabbage Salad with almonds – easy, refreshing and crunchy salad with sliced cucumbers and toasted almonds!
- Kale Sweet Potato Salad – another fantastic kale salad recipe with oven-roasted sweet potatoes and cheese!
Enjoyed this recipe? Please share and save it to Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
I love my Epicurean cutting boards! Bonus – they’re dishwasher safe!
Use this set of nesting glass mixing bowls to make food prep a breeze!
My favorite tool in the kitchen – a good knife! You’ll love this Wusthof Ikon santoku knife!
Pomegranate Kale Salad Recipe (video)
- 1 small head of leafy kale
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 2 small apples, diced
- 1 medium pomegranate
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup champagne dressing
- Wash and dry kale leaves. Using a sharp knife, cut away the hard core on each leaf. Then, slice into thin stripes. Chop the broccoli into bite-sized pieces.
- Place all the salad ingredients into a large bowl and add the dressing. Toss all the ingredients together until well combined.
- TIPS: reserve a handful of pomegranate seeds to garnish the top when serving. If making the salad ahead of time, layer all the ingredients, then add the dressing right before serving.