One of my favorite childhood desserts is this no-bake strawberry cake is so delicious! It’s a very tasty and delightful dessert, perfect for when you don’t want to turn on your oven! This impressive 8-layer honey cake is made with honey graham crackers, a creamy sour cream frosting and strawberry puree! This easy no-bake cake is perfect for any occasion!
Watch My Video!
For all the recipe details and step-by-step instructions, watch my video recipe! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How It’s Made
This easy no-bake strawberry cake is super simple to make! Just a few steps and a few ingredients and the cake is ready to set. I recommend letting the cake stand overnight in the refrigerator for best results.
- Prepare the strawberry puree: simply place the fresh (or frozen and thawed) strawberries into a food processor along with 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar. You can add more or less sugar to your liking. Pulse the berries into a smooth puree and set aside.
- Next, prepare the frosting! In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy, then add in the sour cream and sugar. This Ukrainian-style frosting is so delicious!
Assembling the Cake
For my video recipe, I assembled this honey cake freestanding on a tray but it can also be assembled in a casserole tray. Simply layer the graham crackers and spread a generous amount of sour cream frosting between each layer, along with a few spoonfuls of the strawberry puree. Just let the cake set overnight to allow the crackers to become soft and the cream to bring everything together. Garnish the top with fresh strawberries for the finishing touch! This easy strawberry cake is bound to become a family-favorite!
You can prepare this no-bake honey cake with other flavors, too!
- Raspberry: use raspberry preserves or make a simple raspberry sauce. For the sauce: place the berries and sugar into a medium saucepan and using a potato masher, crush the berries into a pulp. Bring the sauce to a simmer over medium heat and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes. Once cooked, pour the raspberry sauce into a fine mesh strainer arranged over a large bowl. Use the back of a spoon to press the sauce the sauce through the strainer until just the seeds remain, discarding the seeds.
- Chocolate: melt 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave or over a double boiler. Once the cream cheese is beaten and smooth, add in the melted chocolate and mix again for 1 minute.
- Mango: peel 1 medium mango, chop into small pieces and puree in a food processor or blender into a smooth puree. Use just like the strawberry puree.
Enjoyed this easy, no-bake cake recipe? Check out some of my other delicious options!
- No-Bake Strawberry Tiramisu Cake – tiramisu custard with strawberry puree and ladyfingers!
- No-Bake Sangria Fruit Trifle – easy to assemble and so delicious!
- No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake – cream and delicious cookies and cream dessert!
- Strawberry Cheesecake Tart – made with a graham cracker pretzel crust, no-bake strawberry cheesecake and more berries!