If you love alfredo pasta, you’re going to love this creamy crab alfredo pasta topped with refreshing diced tomatoes! It’s made with a creamy and cheese homemade alfredo sauce and chunks of real crab served with penne pasta. I topped off this rich pasta with refreshing tomatoes to breakup the richness. This easy and delicious crab pasta recipe is sure to become a family favorite! I like to use heirloom tomatoes when they are in season for rich tomato flavor.
Making the Crab Alfredo Sauce
This easy seafood pasta recipe starts with a simple alfredo sauce. First, melt the butter in a large saute pan and add in the diced onion. Saute the onion for 3 to 4 minutes, until it’s translucent but not browned. Next, add the in the garlic and let it cook for a minute. Now, it’s time to add the flour. Sprinkle the flour in, toss to coat the onion and garlic in the flour and then let it cook for about 1 minute. The combination of flour and butter makes a roux. The roux is prepared with equal parts butter and flour and is used to thicken the sauce.
Now you’re ready to slowly add in the milk. Pour it in slowly, whisking constantly. When you first add the milk, the sauce will be very thick. Keep adding the milk and whisking, until the mixture is smooth. Next, pour in the chicken broth. You can also use seafood broth or veggie broth for this recipe. Next, add in the parmesan cheese and continue cooking the sauce over medium heat until the cheese is completely melted. Now the sauce is ready for the rest of it’s ingredients!
- Season the sauce with salt, pepper and dried basil. Add in the crab meat and squeeze about 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice over the top. Once the pasta is cooked and drained, add it straight into the saute pan and toss to coat the pasta evenly!
Adding the Topping
For topping this delicious and rich crab pasta, I used sweet heirloom tomatoes. You can also use a few roma or slicing tomatoes if heirloom tomatoes are out of season. Slice the tomato open and remove the seeds, then dice into small pieces. I like to toss the diced tomatoes with chopped chives and season them with black pepper. When you’re ready to serve the seafood pasta, add a few spoons of the tomato topping onto each serving.
Enjoyed this delicious crab alfredo recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Cheesy Crab Pasta – the ultimate crab pasta dish with mushrooms, bell peppers, tomatoes and loads of fresh crab!
- Salmon Fettuccine Alfredo – chunks of juicy and flavorful salmon with creamy sauce and pasta noodles!
- Shrimp Chimichurri Pasta – this zesty and refreshing pasta recipe is topped with juicy jumbo shrimp!
- Easy Clams Linguine – the best clam pasta, with an easy white wine sauce and so much flavor!
Share it on Pinterest!