The classic cheesecake recipe – the one you always come back to because it’s elegant, simple and incredibly delicious! My recipe for vanilla cheesecake is bound to become a favorite! It’s fluffy, creamy and has just the right amount of sweetness; everything you’re looking for in a cheesecake! I took this recipe one step further and added some homemade raspberry sauce on top. It’s like a match made in heaven! The raspberry sauce is the perfect complement to the creamy cheesecake!
Watch My Video!
Make sure to watch my video for all the tips and for the raspberry coulis sauce! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
The Secret to a Great Cheesecake!
Making the perfect cheesecake doesn’t have to be difficult. The number one problem you might run into is a cracked top, which can be disguised with sauce and berries! To get a level top, I recommend using the water bath method. This involves wrapping the spring form with foil; I recommend doing a few layers so no water seeps in. Set the cheesecake into a larger pan and fill it with water about half way. The extra moisture in the oven will keep your cheesecake flat and top and help prevent cracking. This little tip works like magic!
- Also, make sure to cool your cheesecake slowly. They don’t like sudden temperature changes! I let mine sit in the oven with the door cracked open for a bit, then on the kitchen counter to cool some more, and only then do I place it into the refrigerator to set completely.
The Raspberry Sauce
This homemade raspberry coulis or sauce is made with just 2 ingredients – berries and sugar! It’s one of my all-time favorites! It’s really easy to make and the perfect complement to this rich classic cheesecake recipe! Just combine the berries and sugar in a small saucepan, crush the berries and then bring to a simmer for 5 minutes. Strain the berries through a fine-mesh strainer and discard the seeds. The resulting sauce is perfect as a topping!
Also, try garnishing your cheesecake with other berries and fruit, like blueberry, strawberry or even kiwi!
Enjoyed this delicious classic cheesecake recipe? Check out some of my other favorites you’re sure to enjoy!
- Ricotta Blueberry Cheesecake – all the berry flavor in this fluffy cheesecake, topped with blueberry whipped cream!
- Triple Coffee Cheesecake – one of my all-time favorites! This coffee cake is incredible!
- Triple Lemon Meringue Cheesecake – all the lemon flavor in this fluffy cake recipe!
- Red Velvet Cheesecake – rich, chocolate-y cheesecake with a brownie base!
- Chocolate Orange Cheesecake – uber rich chocolate cheesecake with orange flavor!
Save it to Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
I love this tall spring form pan for cakes and cheesecakes.
These handy off-set spatulas are great for spreading cake batter and frosting.
My classic CuisinArt food processor is the best – simple and powerful.
And my classic KitchenAid stand mixer is a must for every kitchen.