Looking for an easy, savory breakfast recipe? You have to try this amazing frittata recipe! My goat cheese and pepper frittata is filled, topped and seasoned with the most incredible flavors! The egg frittata is filled with sweet bell peppers, seasoned with dill and smoked paprika, topped with goat cheese, smoked salmon and avocado! This is my go-to recipe for brunch events! The combination of flavors in this frittata recipe is out of this world! This simple recipe is sure to be a hit for the weekend or any day of the week.
Watch My Video!
For all the recipe details and step-by-step instructions, watch my video recipe! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
What is a Frittata?
This incredible breakfast recipe is actually a classic Italian dish! It’s the Italian equivalent of an egg omelette, crustless quiche or scrambled eggs. It’s prepared in a frying pan and depending on the size, can be finished in the oven, like this recipe. Frittatas come in many different flavors and are typically topped or filled with some sort of meat or cheese. This version with smoked salmon is so delicious!
How to Make Frittata
My recipe for frittata is so easy and is made all in one pan! This easy cheese and pepper frittata recipe starts with the eggs! In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper and dried basil. If you want an extra rich recipe, try replacing half the milk with cream. Set the eggs aside as you prepare the fillings.
- Step 1: prepare the eggs! Whisk the eggs with the milk and season to taste.
- Step 2: prepare the fillings. Saute the peppers, onion and tomatoes in the medium-sized frying pan or cast-iron skillet. Make sure to use a non-stick pan, otherwise the frittata will stick to the pan!
- Step 3: add the eggs to the pan and cook them slowly! This egg dish needs to be cooked over low heat, so the eggs stay fluffy.
- Step 4: add the toppings! Before finishing the frittata in the oven, top it off with smoked paprika, fresh dill and goat cheese.
- Step 5: finish cooking the frittata in the oven. Bake the eggs until they’re fluffy and the cheese has softened.
- Step 6: top each slice of pepper frittata with smoked salmon, sliced avocado and fresh dill.
If you loved this cheese and pepper frittata, you’re going to enjoy it with other toppings, too! This recipe is so versatile and you can add your own twists and flavors! You can also increase the eggs and milk for a large batch!
Try some of these flavor ideas next time!
- Bacon & Cheddar Frittata – render 4 to 5 bacon slices and cook the eggs in the bacon fat! Add bacon bits and grated cheddar cheese to the mix!
- Sausage & Cheese Frittata – try this recipe with juicy breakfast sausage! Just prepare the sausage in a frying pan, slice it into bite sized pieces and combine with cheddar cheese!
- Veggie Frittata – make a veggie version by sauteing mushrooms, peppers, onions and tomatoes.
Enjoyed this delicious breakfast recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Asparagus & Prosciutto Frittata – you’ll love this spring-inspired frittata with cherry tomatoes, prosciutto and asparagus!
- Smoky Bacon Quiche – the best quiche recipe with bacon bits, loads of cheese and veggies, prepared in a buttery crust!
- Cheddar Turkey Quiche – this recipe is perfect for leftover turkey or chicken! Delicious quiche packed with cheese!
- Breakfast Egg Muffins – these easy egg muffins are perfect to make ahead of time and reheat for breakfast on the go!
Share it on Pinterest!