If you love steak and blue cheese, you’re going to love these blue cheese steak tacos! They’re made with juicy and tender grilled beef flank steak, topped with crumbled blue cheese, steak sauce and fresh salsa! The salsa is made with creamy avocados, tomatoes and cilantro. You’ll love this easy beef tacos recipe and the unique flavors!
Preparing the Beef
For these easy beef tacos, I like to use beef flank steak because it’s really quick and easy to prepare. This taco recipe will also work great with ribeye steak! First, pat the steak dry with paper towels, then drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice. Add the minced garlic, then season generously with salt and pepper. Rub the seasonings into the steak using your hands. If you have time, season the steak the day before and let it marinate in the refrigerator.
- Preheat an outdoor grill over high heat to 500F. Once the grill is hot, add the flank steak.
- Grill the beef for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until the inside is a medium. If your flank steak is on the thicker side, increase the grilling time by a few minutes.
- Allow the beef to rest before slicing it thinly into bite sized pieces
Fresh Avocado Salsa
No steak taco would be complete without a delicious salsa to go along with it! These tacos are filled with an easy avocado tomato salsa you can have ready in 5 minutes! Just toss together the diced avocado, diced tomato and shallot in a medium bowl, along with the cilantro, lime juice, olive oil and salt. Don’t want to make your own salsa? Store-bought salsa will also work well! Try adding some diced avocado to store-bought salsa to give it more flavor!
Serving the Steak Tacos
I recommend warming your tortillas on the grill for this taco recipe! Just place them on the top rack of the grill as the steak is cooking, then remove and keep them warm. To enjoy these tacos, first place a generous amount of the sliced beef flank steak onto a tortilla, top with a few spoonfuls of the avocado tomato salsa and add a bit of crumbled blue cheese on top!
- Season the tacos with your favorite steak sauce or hot sauce to add more flavor!
Enjoyed this recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Korean Beef Tacos – juicy beef tacos with kimchi slaw, avocado and a creamy pepper sauce!
- Best Fish Tacos – the best ever fish tacos recipe, with crispy, beer-battered fish and mango salsa!
- Grilled Ribeye Dinner – the most delicious ribeye steak, grilled to perfection and served with potatoes and sauce!
- Flank Steak & Potatoes – another great recipe for flank steak, served with cheese, salsa and potatoes!
Share it on Pinterest!