Mmm, apple pie! Nothing beats a delicious and aromatic pie coming out of the oven! And these apple pie dessert cups capture all of those amazing flavors in single-sized servings! The apples are cooked in a caramel and cinnamon sauce, then topped with flaky pie crust and dreamy spiced whipped cream! These dessert parfait cups are perfect for family Thanksgiving dinners!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video for step-by-step instructions and all the details. Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
The Apple Pie Filling
This deconstructed apple dessert is so easy to make! You’ll get all the flavors of apple pie within a fraction of time it takes to make the real thing! The first step for making these parfait cups starts with the apples! Peel and dice your choice of apples into a large pan. I really enjoy Granny Smith apples for this recipe; they’re firm and tart and cook well. Toss the apples with cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, salt and flour. The flour will help thicken the apple juices as the apples cook. Cook the apples with a bit of melted butter and water until they’re softened and caramelized. Close your pan with a tight fitting lid to cook the apples faster.
- Allow the apple filling to cool before assembling the dessert!
Preparing the Crust
While the apple filling is cooking, prepare the easy crumbled pie crust. You’ll have buttery crust with every bite of these parfait cups! You can use store-bought pie crust or make your own. Want to make your own pie crust? Check out my in-depth video tutorial on ‘How to Make a Pie Crust’ next! Bake the crust until it’s golden brown, then break the crust into crumbles. Allow the crust to cool before handling!
Assembling the Dessert
To assemble these apple pie dessert cups, first spoon the apple pie filling into glass cups, or you can use these disposable parfait cups (affiliate link). Use these disposable cups if you’re bringing the dessert to a large gathering! Top the filling with crumbled pie crust pieces, as much or little as you want. Next, add the whipped cream on top! You can sprinkle more ground cinnamon over the whipped cream, if desired. You can also drizzle some caramel sauce over the top! Check out my ‘Homemade Caramel Sauce’ for the best recipe!
Enjoyed this delicious apple dessert? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Cranberry Apple Crisp – the easiest apple recipe with crispy and crumble oat, almond and cranberry topping!
- Apple Pie Caramel Cheesecake – one of the best cheesecakes ever! Caramel cheesecake topped with apple pie filling and caramel!
- The Best Apple Tart – this stunning apple tart has beautifully arranged, sliced apples on top, with cinnamon and nutmeg!
- Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls – my famous cinnamon rolls recipe with apple filling and even more cinnamon!
- Easy Caramel Apple Cake – the best simple apple cake with caramel, diced apples, apple butter and whipped cream!
Share it on Pinterest!