Mmm, apple pie! Nothing beats a delicious and aromatic pie coming out of the oven! And these mini apple pie dessert cups capture all of those amazing flavors in single-sized servings! It’s a no-bake apple pie in a cup! The apples are cooked in a caramel and cinnamon sauce, then topped with flaky pie crust and dreamy spiced whipped cream! These dessert parfait cups are perfect for family Thanksgiving dinners!
Watch My Apple Pie Video!
Watch my YouTube video for step-by-step instructions and all the details. Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Ingredients for Apple Pie Cups
Here are the main ingredients you’ll need for making these easy dessert cups:
- Apples: use sweet, firm and juicy apples, such as Granny Smith, for best results.
- Cinnamon & Nutmeg: these spices add tons of fall flavor to the pie filling!
- Brown Sugar: for making the apple pie filling.
- Pie Crust: the easiest way to make these dessert cups is with a store-bought, pre-made pie crust. You can also use my recipe for ‘All-Butter Pie Crust’ to make a homemade crust.
- Heavy Cream: use well chilled cream for making the whipped cream topping.
Making the Apple Pie Filling
This deconstructed apple dessert is so easy to make! You’ll get all the flavors of apple pie within a fraction of time it takes to make the real thing!
- The first step for making these parfait cups starts with the apples! Peel and dice your choice of apples into a large pan. I really enjoy Granny Smith apples for this recipe; they’re firm and tart and cook well.
- Toss the apples with cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, salt and flour. The flour will help thicken the apple juices as the apples cook.
- Cook the apples with a bit of melted butter and water until they’re softened and caramelized. Close your pan with a tight fitting lid to cook the apples faster.
- Allow the apple filling to cool before assembling the dessert!
Preparing the Buttery Crust
While the apple filling is cooking, prepare the easy crumbled pie crust. You’ll have buttery crust with every bite of these parfait cups! You can use store-bought pie crust or make your own. Want to make your own pie crust? Check out my in-depth video tutorial on ‘How to Make a Pie Crust’ next! Bake the crust until it’s golden brown, then break the crust into crumbles. Allow the crust to cool before handling!
How to Make Apple Pie Dessert Cups
Assembling these mini apple pie cups is a breeze! Here’s how I do it:
- First, spoon the apple pie filling into glass cups, or you can use these disposable parfait cups (affiliate link). Use these disposable cups if you’re bringing the dessert to a large gathering!
- Top the filling with crumbled pie crust pieces, as much or little as you want.
- Next, add the whipped cream on top! You can sprinkle more ground cinnamon over the whipped cream, if desired.
- You can also drizzle some caramel sauce over the top! Check out my ‘Homemade Caramel Sauce’ for the best recipe!
Enjoyed this delicious apple dessert? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Cranberry Apple Crisp – the easiest apple recipe with crispy and crumble oat, almond and cranberry topping!
- Apple Pie Caramel Cheesecake – one of the best cheesecakes ever! Caramel cheesecake topped with apple pie filling and caramel!
- The Best Apple Tart – this stunning apple tart has beautifully arranged, sliced apples on top, with cinnamon and nutmeg!
- Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls – my famous cinnamon rolls recipe with apple filling and even more cinnamon!
- Easy Caramel Apple Cake – the best simple apple cake with caramel, diced apples, apple butter and whipped cream!
Share it on Pinterest!
Easy Apple Pie Dessert Cups (video)
For Apple Filling:
- 4 medium-sized apples
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pre-made pie crust
For Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce, for topping
- Prepare the apple filling first. Peel and dice the apples and place them into a large bowl. Toss the diced apples together with the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and melt the 1 tablespoon butter. Add the apples and cook for 10 minutes over medium-low heat, allowing the sugar to caramelize. Then, add the 1/2 cup water and cover the pan with a lid. Cook the apples until soft and tender, about 20 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes. If caramel thickens too quickly or begins to burn, add more water. Remove the apples from heat and let cool at room temperature.
- Next, prepare the crumbled crust. Preheat your oven to 350F. Unroll the pre-made pie crust onto a baking sheet. Pierce the crust with a fork and bake in the preheated oven until edges turn golden brown, about 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from oven, cool, then break into small bite size pieces.
- Prepare the whipped cream next. Place the chilled heavy cream, confectioner’s sugar and vanilla extract into a mixer bowl. Whisk on medium high speed for 3 to 4 minutes until stiff peaks form. Transfer into a pastry bag for easier assembly, if desired.
- To assemble the dessert, spoon generous amounts of the caramel apple mixture into glass or plastic cups, followed by the pie crust pieces and top with whipped cream. Refrigerate if not serving immediately.