Flavorful ‘Sweet and Sour Shrimp’ made with delicious green beans, plump shrimp and sweet bell peppers! For this easy recipe, I partnered with Del Monte because their cut green beans are the perfect addition to this recipe. With just 5 ingredients and in under 30 minutes, you can be enjoying this mouth-watering dish! #ad #sponsored
Find more delicious recipes just like this one by visiting Del Monte: https://www.facebook.com/delmonte/
Watch it here!
PREP/COOK TIME: 25 MINUTES
2 large red bell peppers
Salt and pepper
1 ½ pounds jumbo shrimp
1 cup sweet and sour sauce
14.5 oz can Del Monte cut green beans
2 cups white or brown rice
- Prepare the rice.
- Combine desired rice, water and salt according to package instructions.
- Cook rice until done and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients:
- Core and chop into 1-inch pieces the red bell peppers.
- Peel and clean the shrimp.
- Open and drain the green beans.
- Preheat a large pan over medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add the chopped peppers.
- Season them with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes, or until soft and tender.
- Into the same pan, add the peeled shrimp.
- Cook the shrimp 5 to 9 minutes, depending on the size; longer for large shrimp
- Add the cut green beans and sauce.
- Mix all the ingredients together until everything is well coated in the sweet and sour sauce.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for 1 minute.
- Spoon the cooked mixture over the prepared rice arranged in a serving dish/casserole.