A spicy twist on the classic coconut macaroon! I partnered with Tabasco for this spiced up cookie recipe that’s perfect for the holiday season! I add Tabasco sauce right into the cookie batter for a unique and delicious flavor combination! Then the cookies are dipped in melted chocolate, colored festive red for the season! Bring them to any holiday gathering or enjoy them at home with a cup of hot chocolate or coffee! #ad #sponsored
Make sure to check out other Tabasco recipe ideas by visiting their website here: www.tabasco.com
YIELD: 12-14 COOKIES
READY IN: 45 MINS
4 cups flaked coconut
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 egg whites
1 ½ teaspoons TABASCO pepper sauce
2 cups white chocolate melts
Red food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place egg whites into a mixing bowl and whisk on high speed until stiff peaks form; set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the Tabasco pepper sauce, coconut flakes, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Using a spatula to fold everything together.
4. Add the whisked egg whites and gently fold them into the cookie batter, folding gently but thoroughly to keep the batter fluffy.
5. Use a 2-tablespoon scoop to measure out the batter for each cookie. Drop the cookie batter onto prepared parchment paper, spacing about 1-1/2 inches apart.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 325F for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown all over. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool completely on the parchment paper. Once cookies are cooled, prepare the melted chocolate dip.
7. Melt the white chocolate melts in the microwave or over a double boiler. Stir until completely smooth. Add a few drops of red food coloring and stir until well blended.
8. Dip each cookie into the melted chocolate, then set back down on the parchment paper. Allow the chocolate to set at room temperature before enjoying.
Add this recipe to Pinterest!