I love taking the time on weekend mornings to make breakfast extra special – no work to rush to and enough time to make this delicious omelette!
Weekend Breakfast Omelette with Gruyere and Avocado
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 large
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (0 /5)
- 0 Rating
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped smoked ham
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH: salt, pepper, dried basil, dried oregano, paprika
- small bunch chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 1 small heirloom tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- salad greens and toast for serving
- Preheat a large sauté pan and add a tablespoon of oil. Add to hot pan diced ham, shallot, and tomato. Sauté over medium heat for 7 to 8 minutes until tender and reduced. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk, season with salt, pepper and herbs. Add the sautéed mixture, chives, and half of the cheese.
- Heat a medium sized frying pan and add 1 tablespoon oil. Pour in the egg mixture. Stir slowly for the first minute, then turn heat down to low, cover with lid and let the top almost set, about 8 minutes. Carefully, fold omlette in half and cook for addition 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and onto plate. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and top with slices of heirloom tomato and avocado.