The popular “Vinaigrette” salad is a staple dish at most Ukrainian and Russian gatherings! It’s a potato salad that’s loaded with delicious, sweet beets and dill! I love dressing my salad with tasty extra-virgin olive oil and zesty champagne vinegar. Check out my video recipe for more details!
Vinaigrette Beet Potato Salad
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (4.1 /5)
- 256 Rating
- 3 large potatoes
- 3 large beets
- 6 to 8 large carrots
- 8 small pickles, diced
- 2 large shallots or 1 small red onion, diced
- small bunch of fresh dill, chopped
- 1 cup sweet peas
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar; or 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Peel the carrots but leave the potatoes and beets unpeeled; cut the beets in half. Place vegetables onto prepared pan and cover with foil, sealing the pan tightly. Bake in preheated oven until vegetables are fork-tender; about 25 minutes for carrots, up to 45 minutes for beet and potatoes.
- Once vegetables have cooked, remove them from the oven and cool completely. Peel the potatoes and beets and dice. Dice the carrots and all of the other ingredients. I used frozen sweet peas and thawed them in hot water; canned peas will also work.
- Combine all of the vegetables and dill in a large bowl. Season with salt, olive oil and vinegar. This recipe can also be prepared with 1/2 cup mayonnaise. Toss all ingredients together until well combined. Refrigerate if not serving immediately.
The popular "Vinaigrette" salad is a staple dish at most Ukrainian and Russian gatherings! It's a potato salad that's loaded with delicious, sweet beets and dill! View Recipe Link