Think you’re too busy to prepare a flavor-packed dish for dinner? Think again! My Creamy Sweet & Smoky Pork Pasta is loaded with amazing flavors, textures and veggie goodness. This delicious slow-cooker recipe has two things going for you: a slow-cooker and Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork Roast! It’s already perfectly seasoned, so all you need to do is cube it, combine it with a few more ingredients and you’ll have dinner ready in just 30 minutes or less! This recipe yields the most incredibly tender pork roast that pairs perfectly with the creamy pasta. And the aroma is simply irresistible!
When Smithfield asked me to partner with them again this year, I was so excited! I love their Marinated Fresh Pork products, and the wide range of cuts and flavors means you always have something exciting for dinner. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do and I can’t wait to share more delicious Smithfield recipes this year!
If you love Smithfield as much as I do, they have an amazing contest going on right now. Smithfield is challenging you to see what you can do with Marinated Fresh Pork to get a flavorful meal ready in about 30 minutes with their “Real Flavor, Real Fast” contest. You can submit your tips and tricks for a chance to win a grand prize Wine Country experience in Napa Valley, CA, or also vote on your favorite tips to be entered to win hundreds of great sweepstakes prizes. For full contest rules and for more 30-minute meal preparation ideas, head to www.SmithfieldRealFlavorRealFast.com.
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
COOK TIME: 4 ½ hrs on ‘high’ heat
1 Smithfield Sweet & Smoky Marinated Fresh Pork Roast, cubed into 1-inch pieces
2 shallots, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup julienne-cut sun-dried tomatoes
12 to 15 white mushrooms, halved or quartered
Sprig of fresh thyme
½ cup white wine
½ cup vegetable broth
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup sweet peas
1 small bunch asparagus, chopped
1 cup cream
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 pound pasta
- Remove the Marinated Fresh Pork Roast from its packaging; cut the roast into 1-inch cubes.
- Place the cubed pork roast along with the diced shallot, minced garlic, tomatoes, mushrooms, thyme, salt, white wine and broth into a slow cooker. Set the cooking temperature on the cooker to HI, cooking for 4 hours, or LOW heat for 6 ½ hours.
- Once the meat is cooked, prepare the pasta according to package instructions. Drain the pasta, then add to the slow cooker, along with the cheese, sweet peas and asparagus. Whisk together the cream and cornstarch, then add it.
- Mix all the ingredients together, then continue to cook the pasta on HI for 30 minutes, until the cheese is completely melted.
- When ready to serve, squeeze the juice of one lemon over the pasta; toss, then serve.
And don’t forget to save this recipe for later on Pinterest! I created this pinboard just for you!
Enjoyed this smoky pork pasta recipe? Next, try my ‘Mediterranean Pork Pasta Salad’! You’ll love it! http://tatyanaseverydayfood.com/recipe-items/mediterranean-pork-pasta-salad/