This creamy risotto simply melts in your mouth and the smoky flavors of cheese and salmon are perfect together.
Smoked Salmon and Gouda Risotto
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Medium
- (0 /5)
- 2 Rating
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 4 cups organic chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- 2 small shallots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup grated smoked gouda cheese
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, pulled apart
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- fresh chives for garnish
- Heat the chicken stock in a small saucepan until simmering; keep warm on stove top.
- Melt butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat and add diced shallots. Sauté until translucent, not browned, and add garlic; cook for 1 minute. Add rice and turn heat down to low. Use a wooden spoon to stir until all the butter is absorbed, 1 minute.
- Add the wine and cook until absorbed. Start adding chicken stock 1/4 cup at a time, allowing it to get absorbed into the rice each time before adding more (this usually takes about 30 to 40 minutes). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When rice is almost done cooking, add cheese and salmon. Continue to cook over low heat, stirring frequently until rice is done and has thick consistency. Serve immediately.