This pan-seared salmon dish is simply amazing! Wild salmon glazed with rich ginger-garlic glaze! This is my favorite salmon dish; serve with salad or rice!
Salmon with Ginger-Garlic Glaze
Published on April 16, 2014 | In American, Asian, Contemporary | By tatyanaseverydayfood |1 Comments
- Difficulty Level Medium
- (5 /5)
- 3 Rating
- 8 large serving size pieces of salmon (watch salmon prep video)
- 1/4 cup minced ginger
- 6 to 7 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup tamari sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- salt for seasoning
- Prepare a large salmon fillet for cooking. Remove skin and pin bones, then portion. (watch salmon prep video)
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small sauce pan. Cook over medium/low heat for 15 to 20 minutes until ginger and garlic are cooked.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Preheat a large frying pan over medium heat. Season fillets lightly with sea salt. Add a splash of oil into pan and sear salmon, face-down first. Turn and pour glaze over the salmon.
- Finishing cooking salmon in oven, about 5 to 7 minutes, more for a thicker cut. Spoon glaze over the salmon to coat.
- Serve with steamed rice or cabbage slaw salad.