This super easy and impressionable appetizer will be a hit at your next dinner party!
Potato Canapés with Avocado and Nova
Published on April 14, 2014 | In American, Contemporary, Russian/Ukrainian | By tatyanaseverydayfood |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (5 /5)
- 3 Rating
- 2 large Yukon or Russet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado
- 6 ounces nova smoked salmon
- fresh dill for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a 24-count mini cupcake non-stick pan; lightly butter if your pan is not non-stick. Grate potatoes into a large bowl and season with salt. Let the potatoes stand for 3 to 4 minutes. Use a cheese cloth, squeeze out all excess water from potatoes. Return to bowl and season with garlic powder and black pepper.
- Distribute the grated, seasoned potatoes evenly over the 24-count pan, about 1 ½ tablespoons per appetizer. Make a small dip in the center of each one. Bake in preheated oven for 13 to 15 minutes until edges of potatoes are golden brown. Remove from oven and place a few pieces of grated cheddar cheese in the center of each appetizer. Return to oven for 1 minute, just to melt the cheese.
- Use a spoon to carefully remove the prepared potato “cups”. Place approximately ¼ teaspoon of sour cream in the center of each appetizer, top with a small slice of avocado, smoked salmon and top off with fresh dill. Serve warm