These egg rolls are very easy and quick to make. They go perfectly with other oriental dishes like teriyaki chicken and rice.
Pork and Ginger Egg Rolls
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Medium
- (0 /5)
- 0 Rating
- 1/2 pound ground pork meat
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 4 to 6 white mushrooms, finely diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH: salt, black pepper
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, very finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- oil for frying
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Preheat large sauté pan with a tablespoon of oil - add diced onion, mushrooms, pepper and shredded carrot. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes until translucent. Add to large bowl with cabbage, meat and seasonings.
- Preheat oil in deep saucepan to low/medium heat. To make eggrolls, simply place 1/4 cup mixture in center of wrapper, moisten edges with water and roll. Deep fry in batches, seam side down first for 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown. If eggrolls darken too quickly, turn heat down. Serve with soy sauce, oyster sauce, or sweet chili sauce.