Airy, light and mouthwatering! This delicious and beautiful mousse cake is practically no-bake and super easy to make. A perfect spring or summer-time cake! This recipe is very versatile: use any flavor of J-ello or diced fruit!
Peach Mousse Cake
Published on April 16, 2014 | In Contemporary, Italian/French, Russian/Ukrainian | By tatyanaseverydayfood |9 Comments
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Medium
- (4.6 /5)
- 10 Rating
- For Crust:
- 2 cups (170g) graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup (170g) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (50g) white granulated sugar
- For Cake:
- 8 ounces (226g) whipped cream cheese
- 8 ounces (226g) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (473ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (100g) white granulated sugar
- 1 cup (236ml) milk
- 1 ounce (4 Knox envelops/28g) unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups (450g) diced peaches
- For J-ello Layer:
- 6 ounces (170g) peach flavored J-ello gelatin
- 1 cup (236ml) boiling water
- 1 cup (236ml) cold water
- peaches and mint leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F. You will need an 8 or 9-inch spring form pan.
- Combine crumbs, butter and sugar in bowl. Transfer to pan and press into the bottom of the pan firmly. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown on the sides. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Heat milk until lukewarm. Add unflavored gelatin, stir and let stand until dissolved, about 20 minutes. Then whisk until no clumps remain.
- Place softened cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk into mixer bowl. Whisk on high speed until light and fluffy and well-combined. Remove from bowl and set aside.
- Into clean mixer bowl, add heavy cream and sugar. Whisk on high speed until stiff peaks form. Gradually, start adding cream cheese mixture to the crème, whisking on medium speed. Add prepared gelatin and whisk on high speed for 1 more minutes.
- Fold in diced fruit by hand. Pour mousse into prepared pan and even out the top. Place into refrigerator until set.
- Meanwhile, prepare gelatin top. Combine 6 ounces J-ello mix with hot water and stir until dissolved. Add cold water. Once mousse has been in refrigerator for 30 minutes, remove from fridge and garnish. Place slices of peaches and mint leaves around the perimeter of the cake. Pour prepared J-ello until it reaches the top of the pan rim. Return to refrigerator and let set completely, about 1 hour; preferably 4 hours.