This hot and smokey salmon dip is the only cheese dip recipe you will ever need! It’s hands-down my favorite dip! The intense smokey flavors, the creaminess and chunks of smoked salmon are what make this dip so irresistible! Serve the dip with toasted baguette or a crudites tray with carrots, celery and bell pepper. Watch my video recipe for all the details.
Hot Salmon Dip
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (5 /5)
- 3 Rating
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 to 7 ounces smoked salmon
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated smoked cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup wilted spinach, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH: salt, dried basil, dried thyme
- For Topping:
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375F. You will need a ceramic baking dish that will also double as a serving dish.
- Preheat a saute pan over medium/low heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Add the diced bell pepper, onion and garlic. Saute for a 5 to 7 minutes until the pepper and onion are soft but not browned. Remove the mixture from heat and cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the ingredients. Discard the salmon skin and dice the salmon into small bits. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients, except for the topping ingredients. Use a spatula to mix everything together until well combined.
- Spread the dip into a ceramic dish and smooth off the top with a spatula. Prepare the topping: combine the panko bread crumbs with butter, parsley and garlic powder. Sprinkle the topping over the dip in an even layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until the topping turns golden brown and dip is bubbling along the sides of the dish. Remove from oven and let cool for about 15 minutes before serving with baguette, crisps or crudites.
The intense smokey flavors, the creaminess and those chunks of smoked salmon are what make this dip so irresistible! Serve the dip with toasted baguette or a crudites tray with carrots, celery and bell pepper. View Recipe Link